Chapter 2

The alarm clock, something I haven't heard in a while. That all changed when I heard my alarm clock going off over and over again. I finally opened my eyes in which I closed again for a minute, because of the sun shining brightly into my room. I turned off my alarm clock after rolling my eyes and a groan. I stayed in bed for a few minutes checking my social media just to see what people at home were doing. I totally missed the party of the year when everyone went to Casey Hilton's house and partied until dawn. 

I tried to be as quiet as possible to avoid waking up my mom and sister. I stared out the window in my room. Despite the fact I hated being up early, Florida was really pretty at 8 am on the last Saturday before school started.

I walked over to my closet to get my practice clothes. I pulled out a black sports bra, black spandex, and a t-shirt with Ocean City High Cheer on it. I changed, brushed my hair back into a ponytail that I tried to make look neat, and put in the practice bow they gave us.

I put on deodorant and a bit of perfume, I brushed my teeth, and put on waterproof mascara, lip balm, and I lightly did my eyebrows. 

When I was pleased with my appearance I walked out of the bathroom back into my room. I grabbed my things and walked out of my room. 

I began to walk to the football field and I realized that my mom's question was answered. Yes, the football players were there. They were already on the field running laps.

"Hi Aspen." The co-captain Madison said with a smile

I gave her a smiled back, Madison was probably one of the least conceited people on this team and I'm happy she's the co-captain 

"Hey Madison. Is everyone here?" I asked her 

She nodded her head "They're just helping Ms. Evans with getting the uniforms out of her car and to the field."

"Well that's good." I replied back as I sat my things on the ground "Wanna run with the football players?"

She looked at me surprised "Really?"

I nodded my head "Running is good way to warm up. I'm sure some girls wouldn't mind."  

Some girls were so caught up with the football players it was so stupid. It was like the stereotype living up to its expectation. 

In the past week I learned that Farrah was the girl that flirted with every guy she could lay her eyes on. In her clique it was Tiffany, Amber, and Jackie. According to Madison they all had the same motive to get some football star. The more quiet girls that I learned were freshmen that were really good. Which were Haley, Josie, and Penelope. The freshmen formed their own little clique almost. The rest of the girls I really haven't had a sit down conversation with them to know them.

Madison laughed "Yeah come on. Let's jump in, we can out run all of them."

I like Madison's attitude she didn't just cheer, because of the uniform and title. She did it, because she loved tumbling like me. We connected, because the had the same tumbling skills. 

As soon as the football players came around to run the field again Madison and I jumped in. Running just as fast, if not faster than them. I haven't ran in such a long time and it was so nice just to get my blood pumping again.

"Who invited them?" Some guy from the back shouted 

I rolled my eyes "Who invited me to run faster than you? Myself."

"Peterson! Daniels! Over here, we have the uniforms ready." Coach Evans said calling for Madison and I as we stopped on our fifth lap

"Okay boys you can stop running even though it looks like two cheerleaders did better than you."The football coach said yelling