Chapter 9

I stood at my closet trying to find the perfect thing to wear to a beach party. Jeans were a no, long sleeves definitely not, and no to that hideous skirt I thought was cute six months ago.

Madison sat on my bed wearing a royal purple bikini top, colorful printed bottoms, white romper over the swimsuit, and studded flip flops. "You've been digging for like twenty minutes."

I turned around "More like ten. I don't know what to wear."

Madison got off the bed and walked towards the closet. She dug through the big basket that had all my bikinis in them. She pulled out a turquoise bandeau top, paisley bikini bottoms, high waisted shorts, and a white kimono. "There. Not even that hard."

"Shirt?" I asked as she put the clothes in my hands

She smiled "Look you have a nice toned body. Show it off! It's a beach party for crying out loud, there's gonna be girls in less than that. Go change and you can do my makeup. While you do my makeup I'll give you the rundown on Tampa High."

I gave her a smile back as I walked into my bathroom. I changed into the outfit Madison picked out for me. Then I brushed my teeth and put on deodorant. 

"I'm ready for the rundown." I started "And to do your makeup. All waterproof."

Madison sat on the stool that was in my bathroom as I grabbed my makeup caboodle. I grabbed the waterproof foundation from MAC. I began applying it to her face, but not doing it too thick or too cakey.

"So basically this school is the home of Grayson's and Blake's biggest rivals Ryan and Kyle. Then there's Alana and Mia the cheer captain and co-captain. Which could be considered our competition. Tumbling isn't as near good as ours, that sounded cocky sorry. Anyways if we win this game on Friday we have our ticket to championship. If we win championship then we'll go back to back if not we're gonna flop." Madison said as I started on a small winged eyeliner 

"Got it." I responded 

"So what's the status with you and Blake?" I asked her

"We're still just friends. I told you I'm not rushing into it this time. Not again." She confessed as she applied her own mascara

"Are you excited for homecoming with Grayson?" Madison asked me

I nodded my head understanding as I finished the bun. Then something occurred to me "Wait how'd you know Grayson asked me to homecoming? I haven't told anyone."

She turned around in the stool "Blake told me. I'm happy for you."

I started on my own makeup and hair. "We aren't dating."

"Why'd you both skip school Wednesday? Date? Is this like Romeo and Juliet?" Madison asked playfully

I shook my head as I brushed my hair "What if we weren't even together?"

"Your facial expression gave it away. Plus Instagram. It's obvious you were in his truck when you took a picture of the Gainesville sign. Oh my gosh! Did you loose your v-card?" She asked perking up

I started laughing at the fact she thought that "No! Lose my virginity to Grayson Cooper? Never."

"Ready for the drive?" Madison questioned me after I did my makeup 

I grabbed my purse and sunglasses "How long is the drive? When does it start and end?"

"The drive is about fifteen minutes or less. It starts at 6pm until." Madison explained

"Until what?" I asked confused

Madison grabbed my car keys to hand to me "Basically until everyone just leaves. Tell your mom you're staying the night at my house. Which you can or I can sneak you back in late tonight."