Chapter 31

A year ago, I would have never imagined that I would have made it the finish line of high school. Especially not with a boyfriend, on good terms with my dad, and I never imagined that I would be so happy.

I traced the tiny 'G' that was on my inner forearm that I tattooed there three months ago. With Grayson by my side.

I stood in my room and looked at all of the boxes of clothes, my favorite books and movies, and some other important things to me.

But I shook back to what was happening right now and looked in the mirror. I was wearing a cute backless ivory lace dress. I paired a pair of nude ankle-strap heels with the dress. I grabbed my cap and put it on my head. Today was the day, I was finally graduating.

I slipped one a few fashion rings and my promise ring. I grabbed my graduation gown and walked down the stairs to see Grayson. Plus my mom and my sister and Grayson's mom and his sister.

"Took you nearly two hours." Grayson said looking down at his watch

I shrugged my shoulders, "More like an hour, but you only graduate high school once."

Normally Madison would be there to keep me on track, but after the whole text message situation, we haven't talked much. I confronted her about it, then she cried because no one loved her but I didn't care, we were never going to be friends like we used to be.

"Picture time!" my mom said getting out her camera

A few pictures turned into a mini photoshoot before I looked at the clock and realize we were running behind schedule.

"Ok Gray and I are riding in my car." I said grabbing my keys and tossing them to Grayson.

We got into the Mercedes and started driving one last time to Ocean City High School.

"Six months tomorrow." Grayson smiled

"Then six months will turn into 6 years before our eyes. Together anyway. Damn this year was a roller coaster and we move in together ?" I grinned

"Funny how you couldn't stand me at first and now we have matching tattoos plus a promise ring plus an apartment?" Grayson added

I shook my head, "Crazy. I think everything we've been through has been worth it because it led us to each other. Now we can't live without each other. Like Grayson. you're really my person!"

"McDreamy to my Meredith." Grayson smirked as we sat in the long line to turn into the high school "So you didn't tell me about the 'Louanne' in your name."

I glanced at him "You read my mom's Facebook post?"

He nodded "Why not tell me?"

"I honestly forget about the Louanne in my name. It's a second middle name and literally never gets said. Until now. Louanne is my mom's middle name. It not even in my birth certificate. And I just left a comment." I said looking down at my phone

"Aspen Jane Louanne Peterson, mouthful." Grayson said typing "I commented as well."