Chapter 8

Wednesday morning was like any other morning.

 I hated getting up for school more than anything. Then I remembered I wasn't even staying the whole day, which made it a little better. 

I grabbed my phone off of my nightstand and went to Grayson's contact. Then I clicked the FaceTime icon and it began to ring. We'd been FaceTiming every morning since last Friday. It was almost like a routine now and was a good way to wake up in the morning with Grayson's amazing humor.

 After about thirty seconds then appeared a rugged looking Grayson. Shirtless as always in the morning and was still laying in bed like me.

"Good morning." He said in husky tone as it normally did in the morning

I shifted myself to the point I was laying on my stomach "Good morning. You're still picking me up right?"

"Yeah. Guess I should start getting ready?" Grayson said like he was asking me a question

I nodded my head, but then remembered we were seeing each other through a phone "You saw that nod right?"

He snickered "We are on FaceTime right?"

"Shut up." I said jokingly as I climbed out of bed "I don't know what to wear."

"Hmm how about clothes?" Grayson said being Grayson

I set my phone on my desk so he had a full view of my room and he could see me while I picked out my outfit. "Nah I think I'm going to wear a birthday suit."

"I'm sure no guy at school would be complaining huh?" He said getting out of bed "I'm going to wear denim shorts and that soft grey t-shirt."

I grabbed the shorts I had millions of pairs of and white swing top that had a strappy back. "Thank you for telling me. Didn't wanna show up in the same thing. That would have been an emergency huh?"

"Aren't you just a character this morning?" He added as I grabbed my phone walking to the bathroom.

"I have to put on my clothes, so it's gonna pause for a minute," I said pressing the home button as I quickly put the shorts and top on.

I smoothed out my clothes before picking up my phone again and seeing Grayson making strange faces into the camera. Being totally oblivious to the fact I could see him. I guess when I started laughing that was when he could tell I could see him again.

His face turned red, "Let's not talk about this."

I shook my head, "No this will be talked about. Now aren't you a character?"

"I think you're more of a character than me." He said as I did my makeup "Don't poke your eyes out this time."

He was referring to Monday morning. When I was so sleepy while I did my eyeliner it went into my eye and made my eyes start watering like crazy.

"I'm not doing eyeliner today. Just mascara, concealer, and chapstick." I said closing the mascara tube 

"Asp, I have an idea proposal." Grayson brought up as he sat on the couch in his room

I took the cap off of the chapstick tube, "Yes Gray?"

"Let's skip school. Spend the day in Gainesville. Sit and talk for breakfast and we can stop somewhere for lunch in Gainesville." Grayson brought up

"Our moms don't even know we're skipping after the third period to go to Gainesville. My mom would be pissed if she knew I skipped the whole day." I said somewhat thinking about it '

"You know what fine let's do it." I decided impulsively 

Grayson looked confused "That was a quick change of thought."