G. - 15

I just came back from Alabama and I haven't seen my baby in about three days. Of course, she didn't know she was my baby, but she was. I'd been so caught up, I haven't had a chance to call her or even go down the street to her house and I felt bad about it.

It was late at night and she loves to sleep, so I didn't bother to call her. I sat on the wooden floors in my room and tried to unpack, but I just got sick of it and turned off the lights and climbed into bed.

I went through my contacts and saw her name 'Aspen Jane' I thought about clicking it, but I didn't want to wake her up.

Just as I built up the courage to press her name, she came through the door.

My baby.

She was wearing a 'Penn State' sweatshirt, some short pajamas shorts (that totally showed off her ass, but I didn't mind), her hair was in a sloppy bird's nest on top of her head.

She still looked beautiful.

But then I noticed something, she was crying.

"Aspen?" I questioned her as I got up from my bed "What's wrong?"

I looked down and her hands were shaking like crazy. Even though that wasn't the original reason why I looked down.

I looked her in beautiful blue eyes, "I opened them."

Opened what?

Then I remembered.

The secret stashes, her not wanting her to open them, letters from her dad.

If she was crying, then the letters must have contained some pretty bad stuff. It also wasn't just the fact that she was crying, I could smell the alcohol lingering on her breath.

Oh no.

"Are you drunk? Trust me drinking isn't the way to go, I'd know." I told her as I took her in my arms.

How would I know?

I was an avid drinker when my parents were going through some things.

I felt as she pulled me closer and let her tears fall onto my shirt.

"I drank like four beers I'm gonna be fine. I'm used to feeling like trash anyways. Can I please sit down?" She rambled on as she cried

Trash? Hell no.

She was beautiful.

Not physical beauty wise, even though she was gorgeous.

Aspen was named after a tree who could grow tall in cold situations.

Aspen lit up a room.

Aspen made me feel things that I've never felt with another girl or anyone.

My girl makes me smile, blush, my heart raced around her, she made me want to be a better person, I didn't know what was I feeling but I knew I care about her.

I pulled out of the hug as I helped her over to my bed.

"You're bleeding," I noticed as I looked at her foot

"I'm fine," She lied, laying down on my back

I sighed and got up "I'm going to get a band aid."

I hated seeing her hurt, I hated seeing her upset, I wanted to protect her at all cost but I knew sometimes that was unavoidable.

"Please don't wake your mom up I'm already wasted," Aspen begged as I walked into the bathroom.

I dug in the cabinet and grabbed a box. I carefully placed Ninja Turtle band aid on her foot.