Chapter 5: I'll carry this flag to the grave if I must

Hey guys! I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while. But I'm back with a (fairly short) update, which is 2445 words long. I'm sorry I don't have a bigger update for you now, but I'm very inspired in writing my other story, and that took most of my time now. But I still wanted to update this story as well, so here you go! Please let me know what you think!

~~

Tyler was sitting straight up in his bed.

Fear had struck his eyes.

He watched Josh twist and turn and Josh made noises as if he was scared. He was a sweating and panting mess.

Josh was squeezing his eyes shut so tight Tyler was afraid he was never gonna be able to open them ever again.

Not only that, but he was also crying really heavily and his breath hitched.

Tyler couldn't bring himself to move an inch at first.

This scared him.

Tyler was afraid.

Josh was breathing heavily and he was also talking in his sleep. He was saying things like "No!" and "please don't", "don't leave us", "stay with me", and a few random words like "friends" and "losing".

His husband's body shocked as if something was startling him over and over again.

Tyler brought himself back to reality.
He had to do something.

He sat on his knees on the bed and shuffled closer to Josh.

"Josh?" Tyler tried.

"Joshy? Josh, baby", Tyler tried again, when Josh didn't react.

He still didn't get a reaction.

"Joshy, honey, please wake up", Tyler said as he started to shake Josh's body, trying to wake him up.

Still to no avail, and the boy kept squirming and his body kept shocking.

Tyler brought his hand to Josh's face and gently started patting Josh's cheek, not too hard but not too soft either.

"Josh, Joshy please wake up", Tyler pleaded.

He was on the verge of bursting out into tears as well.

It hurt him to see his husband like this and he didn't even know what caused it.

Then Josh's body jolted and he sat straight up in the bed, panting heavily as if he hadn't breathed in ages. He tried to catch his breath and kept staring in front of him for a few minutes.
Then Josh looked at Tyler, still crying.

"T-Ty..." He started.

His eyes were wet and red and he had the saddest look on his face. Tyler wrapped his arms around Josh and pulled him close to his chest. Josh let him and just leaned against Tyler's chest with his head. He cried even harder than before and grabbed Tyler's arm, which was wrapped around his shoulders, with his own hand. He stroked his arm with his thumb.

"I-I'm so sorry", he cried.

Tyler shook his head heavily. "Don't say that, baby, don't ever apologize for things like this", he said as tears dribbled down his own cheeks. He pressed a kiss on Josh's head and rocked him back and forth.

"Shhhh, it's okay baby. It's okay. You're with me. You're safe. It's okay", Tyler whispered.

It seemed to calm Josh down.

"Are you okay baby?" Tyler asked quietly.

Josh's sobs were dying down and he nodded.

"I-I'm okay", he sniffed. Tyler let go off Josh and grabbed his hands in his own. He kissed them both while looking into Josh's eyes.