Chapter 6: It's the flag that I love, and the flag that I trust

Whew! I'm back to writing a chapter for this fanfic! Really excited ^•^ I've been updating my other fanfic quite a lot, with big chapters. Now it's time for me to write some more of this one. I hope you all like it!

One (kinda important I think?) thing: The badges/medals described in the story are based on the badges/medals you can get in my country. I'm not from the US, so they probably have different names. I don't know much about the badges and medals from the US army, I'm sorry.

~~

Tyler looked at his sleeping husband. His eyebrows were furrowed, he was chewing on his lip in his sleep and his chest rose and fell heavily and quickly.

Tyler didn't know what was going on. Why did his husband have so much trouble sleeping? Not even only sleeping. Why did it look like Josh fell into some kind of a trance once in a while?

He sighed deeply and brought his hand up to Josh's cheek. He caressed it with his thumb and crawled on top of Josh. He rested himself on Josh's chest.

The flashing lightning, heavy rain and loud noises and yells of panicky commands were slowly replaced by the voice of an angel.

Was he dead?

Did he get shot?

The loud noises faded to the distance, the heavy rain changed to just a few raindrops falling, creating a comfortable sound.

Josh was sure he got shot and there was an angel to come and get him.

He hoped he could go to heaven.

The angel was singing.

"I see your face in every sunrise.
The colors of the morning are inside your eyes."

Josh vaguely knew that voice. It sounded familiar, but he hadn't heard it in ages. At least, it felt like it.

Josh was ready. He was ready to follow the angel and go to heaven. He smiled, laid down, closed his eyes, enjoying the soothing, beautiful voice of the angel.

He opened his eyes slowly and was met with Tyler's.

Tyler was singing.

"The world awakens in the light of the day. I look up to the sky and say: You're beautiful.
I see your power in the moonlit night where planets are in motion and galaxies are bright.
We are amazed in the light of the stars. It's all proclaiming who you are. You're beautiful." Tyler sang.
Josh smiled.

Josh wasn't dead.

Josh was awake, alive and well.

But the angel hadn't left.

The angel was right in front of him.

And he was singing to him.

"I see you there hanging on a tree. You bled and then you died and then you rose again for me. Now you are sitting on your heavenly throne. Soon, we will be coming home. You're beautiful
When we arrive at eternity's shore, where death is just a memory and tears are no more, we'll enter in as the wedding bells ring.
Your bride will come together and we'll sing: You're beautiful.
I see your face, I see your face.
I see your face: You're beautiful
You're beautiful.
You're beautiful." Tyler sang the whole song.

Josh pulled Tyler in a hug. Tyler sighed contentedly.

"I missed that voice so much", Josh whispered. Tyler smiled.