Chapter 21: How could you send us so far away from home

Hey guys! I was not planning on updating so soon again but well my hands were itching to write so I wrote this in 2,5 hours. It's 2912 words long, so it's almost 3000 words but I wasn't able to write 88 more words to make it to 3k, I'm sorry! But I hope you're happy with a new chapter and I can't wait to hear what you guys think of this! I'd love to hear from you! And beware: Some parts might be heavy.

~~

Josh, Tyler and Jimmy hadn't even been at the aquarium for more than 10 minutes, and Josh was already carrying Jimmy's Finding Dory backpack on his back 'cause Jimmy was already tired of carrying it.

Josh grumbled and complained for a minute, like every dad would, but Tyler just giggled at how cute he thought it looked, and Josh really wasn't all that annoyed either.

Especially not when Tyler kept smiling cutely at him because he loved how cute it looked.

And, of course, Josh loved being a dad. And that meant that he loved doing dad stuff, like carrying tiny Finding Dory backpacks on his broad back when your kid is already tired of it.

Tyler and Josh let Jimmy run around the room and watch the fish. They told him he wasn't allowed to tap the glass 'cause it scared the fish, and he immediately listened.

He wouldn't want to accidentally scare Dory, now would he?

And there weren't only fish but also sharks, sea stars, sea horses, rays and even more.

They had lunch outside as they sat on a park bench, before heading inside again to see more fish and other sea creatures.

And when Josh and Tyler noticed that Jimmy was getting tired, they decided that it was a good time to leave and go have dinner.

Tyler begged Jimmy to settle with going to Happy Italy for dinner instead of Taco Bell again, 'cause well, it was healthier than Taco Bell. Eventually, Jimmy gave in and Tyler was proud of himself.

But then they finished their meals and it was time for a dessert, and Jimmy insisted on ordering the Nutella pizza. Tyler didn't want to at first, 'cause it was huge and not so healthy - they could've gone to Taco Bell after all if he knew that this was gonna happen - but Josh told him they should get it.

'Cause Tyler was the 'It's not healthy and we can't eat unhealthy every day' parent, and Josh was the 'Aw c'mon Ty, just this once' parent. But everyone knew that 'just this once' was spoken every other day and Tyler couldn't possibly say no to his son and husband at the same time.

So they got a Nutella pizza.

Jimmy ate one slice and was full, and Josh and Tyler couldn't finish an entire pizza covered in Nutella after the main course either, so they ended up bringing the Nutella pizza home.

"Jimmy isn't getting any tomorrow", Tyler told Josh. "Aw, c'mon Ty-", Josh started.

"No I'm not gonna fall for it again, Joshua Dun! You always say that and I always give in!" Tyler said as he shielded his eyes with his hand from Josh's puppy dog eyes. Josh let out a laugh as he wrapped his arm around his husband's neck and pulled him close. He pressed a kiss on his temple.

"Love you", Tyler said. "Love you too, and this little guy too", he said as he carefully ruffled Jimmy's hair with his hand, so that it didn't hurt too much. Jimmy giggled as he skipped back to the car in front of them.

//

And everything seemed to go great for a while. Everything was okay for the next few days.

Until Josh left around 11 pm again, thinking that Tyler and Jimmy were asleep. Well, Jimmy was, but Tyler was not. Tyler stood at the top of the stairs and watched his husband leave the house. He sighed deeply and ran a hand over his face.