Chapter 11: Behind the gun I'll make my final stand

YOOOOO it's been over a month! And I'm so happy I got a new update for you all! I hope you enjoy it, please feel free to leave as much comment as you want, 'cause they're my favorite thing ever! I love to read countless of updates on my chapters!

4735 words woohoo!!

I'll put a trigger warning IN the chapter, so this is NOT the trigger warning. But:

This chapter can be kinda triggering and/or heavy to read. Descriptions about war and people dying are in the second part of the chapter, just as mentions of suicide (but not actual suicide). Again: I'll put a trigger warning for you!

~~

Josh and Tyler were laying on their bed, Josh's face stained with tears. He was cuddled up to his husband who was running a hand through his hair and whispering sweet nothings into his ear.

Christina was getting Jimmy ready for bed while Jenna was cleaning the table and all the stuff they used for the barbecue.

"I'm such a fuck up I fucked up this whole day and it was awful and I hate myself and-" Josh started.

"Shh, no baby, don't say that. You're not a fuck up. You're just having a bad day, it's just a bad day. We all have bad days, you can not help it", Tyler soothed. "We all have bad days. That's okay. We're allowed to have those", he told Josh as he hugged him closer. "It's okay", he whispered.

"You're too sweet to me, I don't deserve you", Josh sighed.

"Nonsense. I wouldn't be able to live without you", Tyler told Josh. Josh sighed and closed his eyes. It kept going through his head.

He pointed the gun at his husband.

"I love you so much", Josh sighed.

"I love you even more", Tyler told him.

There was a knock on the door. "Come on in", Tyler said. Jenna opened the door and she and Christina walked inside.

"Jimmy's ready to go to sleep", Christina told them. Jenna nodded. "And I cleaned everything downstairs", she added.

"Everything? Jen, you didn't have to do that. I could've done it", Tyler said. She shook her head. "I wanted to", she insisted.

"I'm sorry I ruined the day for you", Josh mumbled as he cuddled closer to his husband like a little boy trying to hide himself behind his mother.

"Ruin the day? We had an amazing day, Josh! Watching and playing with Jimmy, catching up with our best friends Tyler and you, and having a delicious barbecue, was an amazing day. And you having a small breakdown doesn't mean the whole day is ruined. You can't help that, and it's perfectly fine to have that", Jenna said as she walked over to Josh's side and gently squeezed his hand reassuringly.

"She's right, Josh. It can happen to anyone any time and that doesn't mean the whole day is ruined. We had such an amazing day with Jimmy and you", Christina added.

"You're all way too good to me", Josh sighed.

"We all simply love you", Tyler told him. Jenna and Christina agreed.

"Is there anything else we can do?" Jenna asked.

Tyler bit his lip and glanced from Josh to the door and back.

"Do you have to do something tomorrow?" He asked them.

"Nope, nothing", Christina replied.

"I know it's a little last minute and all, but... Would you mind having Jimmy sleep over at your place? If you'd rather not, I totally understand and that's perfectly fine-" Tyler said.