take my heart to the end of the world

Sorry for the late update. I was sick. Situation: no motivation, destination permanent vacation *shrugs*
-

"Hey, I know you!"

Luke's eyes widened when calum's eyes glinted and showed a hint of recognition. Yes, they knew each other in the elevator but did he really have to point it out? Isn't he "mad" at him?

The jock smiled down at luke again, carefully placing his bag on top of the table the blonde just claimed as his.

"Can I share a table with you?" He asked, staring at his ocean eyes. As much as he'd like to stare and drown in them longer, he looked around the room and noticed that this table has the only free space left, leaving him with no choice. And he really had to review for his lit subject. "There isn't any room left, do you think we can share?"

When luke looked like he's not going to agree, calum suddenly pouted. This look always gives him what he wants.

The blonde visibly gulped and stared down at his cup of frappe, looking at the droplets of water racing down, wetting the wooden table. He can't believe it. After calum called him out on staring the other day, he still had the guts to act like it was nothing, that it's totally fine to call his soulmate rude and stay back when he ran away, that luke should just forget it all and move on? Only an idiot will agree to what calum's asking for, after what happened to himself.

Apparently, he is an idiot.

"Go ahead." He stared back up and nodded at the raven haired boy, pulling his bag closer to him to give room to calum. Even if that meant giving three-fourths of the table space. Maybe he should just understand him. Maybe this is his chance to get to know him better. Maybe he's too insecure and he just overacted. Maybe he should just move on like a guy.

Indeed, he's a selfless, hopeless, idiot.

"Hey, no! I'm fine, I don't need this much space." Calum chuckled and shook his head. He placed Luke's bag beside his, to the very side of the wall so that they can face each other.

"Oh, yeah. Okay. Sorry."The heat rose up to the blonde's cheeks.

It was so silent that one can hear a pin drop, so Luke decided to shift in his seat and open the book he's supposed to read, scanning through the pages to pretend that he's busy. But in reality, he wasn't really looking at it. Calum's sitting in front of him now, making him think back to the jock's last words on that certain day. His harsh words were still playing in the back of his mind.

"What are you looking at?"

"It's rude to stare, did you know that?"

"I'm sorry? I don't think so."

He stopped scanning the book and decided to sneak a glance at calum, only to find out the boy's already looking at him.

Calum grinned when he caught luke glancing. He grabbed his literature book out from his bag. "You know me right? I'm calum hood. I just want to say thanks for letting me share the table with you." He started.

"Y-you're welcome," Luke mumbled, not being able to look directly at Calum's eyes. Why is he being nice now when the other day he looked so mad at him? Luke couldn't help but be confused.

Calum is so unpredictable.

"What's your name?"

The blonde looked up, being nervous about messing up or creating a bad impression on his soulmate. "Um, luke. Luke Hemmings."

"Nice to meet you, Luke." Calum took out his left hand for him to shake. The blue ink on his wrist was now visible, and the blonde almost melted at the sight of it. It's the proof of their connection and here they are now sitting across each other, talking properly.