this is everything i didn't say

The sun rays were already peeking through the windows of calum's room when he woke up from his deep slumber. He tried to move, since his back was aching a lot, but a head of blonde locks was weighing him down by the chest.

He squinted his eyes at the younger boy's frame and immediately, last night's events flashed back to him. A smile crept up to his face when he saw luke's calm features, and he stopped trying to move to let Luke sleep comfortably on his chest. He didn't mind. But his slight shift already caused the blonde to wake up and change positions.

Luke slowly moved away from calum's body. He grunted and rubbed his sleepy eyes saying "Ugh, my neck is hurting."

"Good morning," calum greeted with a bigger smile and hoisted himself up, his back now against the headboard.

Luke gave him a timid smile. "Good morning, Callie. Did you sleep well?"

"Mhm, I did, especially because you're here. How about you, Lukey?"

"My neck!" His lover whined and winced when he accidentally touched the aching vein. Calum reached out and gently rubbed Luke's aching neck like how he does it when his own legs cramp from soccer practice. Luckily, it seemed to work after a while of rubbing and massaging.

"What time is it?" Luke blinked and hugged calum's side like a teddy bear. He yawned, and simply tangled their legs together. He really likes being close to calum.

Calum looked at his nightstand. "It's nine in the morning. Do you wanna go grab some breakfast?"

Luke just pouted and buried himself underneath the cold covers, closing his eyes and exhaling deeply. He didn't want to leave the bed yet. It was his first time waking up beside calum, the first time he saw his soulmate's smile first thing in the morning, the first time waking up to his husky voice saying "Good morning." He only dreamt of these scenarios before, but right now it's truly happening. His dreams are turning to reality and it feels so amazing. He's totally not ready to skip this moment just yet.

"I'm guessing that's a no," the maori chuckled and imitated luke's actions, snuggling close to the boy under the covers. This time he's facing the beautiful, angelic blonde in front of him. So, so beautifully breathtaking.

It didn't take a while before he heard Luke's soft snores. Even while sleeping, his boyfriend looked adorable.

Calum just continued staring at what he calls god's masterpiece. Luke looked so relaxed and at ease, like an angel dreaming of paradise. He couldn't help but compliment him. He couldn't stop because Luke is so pretty that words aren't enough to describe him.

He wonders if he ever enters Luke's dreams. If he does, he hopes that it's a happy and memorable one.

He smiled and thought of how lucky he is to be matched with this wonderful boy. He still couldn't understand why fate decided to bring them together, for he still thinks that someone amazing and kind-hearted like Luke doesn't match with a cold, imperfect guy like him. They were quite the opposites, but as the saying goes, opposites do attract. And he's quite thankful for that. He couldn't imagine having somebody else as his soulmate.

All these thoughts were soon buried within him, as he fell back into oblivion with a simple close of his chocolate eyes.
-

Another hour had passed and finally, Luke regained his consciousness. He sat up and looked around the room, feeling the pounding of a hammer inside his head. His head hurts like a bitch.

The lovers slept for so long, and yet his ocean eyes still feel restless due to them staying up til 3 am earlier that morning. He actually isn't the type to stay up all night, but last night was worth it, and he doesn't regret it one bit because he's with calum.