let it burn in the city lights

You'll know what's up with calum soon enough. *cracks devilish grin*
-

While on the way to the university infirmary, Luke just realized how stupid he must've looked like when calum saw him fall on his bike. He just fucking hates his long legs sometimes. When he's late to class he always trips over his own feet in a hurry, and when he spaces out in the middle of the road he will trip over some stone that shouldn't be there in the first place, making him stumble forwards and causing people to look at him funny. Oh god, he surely hates his legs that carry on past a mile. Why can't he just give off some height to those who need it instead of looking stupid?

His childish thoughts were disrupted when the two boys finally arrived. Calum turned the knob open and entered, automatically greeting a "good afternoon!" to whoever was inside.

Calum's hand that was around Luke's arm slid down to the small of his back, as Luke stepped inside and beside the jock. He's blushing madly at the small gesture. Calum wasn't even aware where his right hand was, but to Luke it meant the world. It showed that he cared.

The nurse who was writing something on a file looked up at the two boys entering when the small bell chimed. She smiled at the two and stood up to get a good look at Luke who was frowning in pain.

"Good afternoon as well," she pursed her lips, "what can I help you with?" She kindly asked.

Calum looked at Luke who was just standing there awkwardly, and he figured the blonde wasn't going to answer the question. He looked so shy and awkward, but cute. Is that even possible?

He cleared his throat. "Uh, well, my friend Luke fell off a bike because of laughing too hard. He scraped his elbows. Not too serious but yeah." He answered.

"Oh, wow. What an interesting story. Please take a seat first!" The nurse giggled, shaking his head at Luke who was getting embarrassed as each second pass. They took a seat on one of the beds.

"May I see what it looks like?"

"Sure," Luke let the nurse gently hold his arm to look at the scrapes that's still slightly bleeding. She looked at it before nodding.

"It doesn't look too bad but if we don't treat it sooner it may leave a scar."

"What?! No!" Luke shook his head frantically. He hates having scars on his skin. The only thing he ever wants to have on his skin is his soulmate tattoo, nothing else. "I- I can't have a scar just because of a stupid fall!"

"That depends on your skin, Luke. Is your skin sensitive? I had patients before who bruise like a peach and get small scars from little things."

The nurse stood up and took a betadine, cotton pack, and two band-aids from a small drawer then started treating luke's wounds.

He sighed, feeling more worried now. He's going to smack himself for falling if it ever becomes a scar. "I don't know.. I don't get wounds often. I stay away from sports and just lock myself in my room." He shyly admitted. Ugh, there's a huge difference between calum and him. Calum might think of him weirdly now.

The nurse only smiled, "Hmm, we'll see about that when your wound starts healing then. But I can tell that your skin is definitely too smooth and porcelain for a boy. It might react to the newly wounded skin but let's just hope that it doesn't."

Luke just pouted at that and let the nurse do her job. Sometimes she presses too hard and luke flinches, but the pain ebbed away after a while. He was starting to feel comfortable sitting on the bed. He's also getting sleepy in the air-conditioned room and honestly the thought of sleeping in there didn't sound too bad. Just when he started fluttering his eyes shut calum suddenly spoke.