you belong with me instead

Sorry this took so long. I was night swimming earlier with my high school friends. It's now 2:49 AM and we're still in the resort lol.
-

That night the three boys went to their dorms, but with Luke insisting on escorting Calum to his own room. He said that "something bad might happen or his wounds will ache again or something" but ashton only saw it as a lame excuse for luke to spend more time with his real soulmate - not that he's against it, in fact he's rooting for them - so he just smiled at the tan boy and his blonde best friend, patting his broad shoulder before going out to their floor. Luke waved at ashton as calum pressed the button in the side, making the door close and proceed to the Hoods' floor which is on the 15th.

This entire elevator scene reminded Luke of the first time he met Calvin and Calum, and how things started to pick up from there. He chuckled at how ridiculous he acted that day. He was so awkward and he can imagine how priceless his face was during the whole scene.

Calum heard luke chuckling to himself, making him raise a brow. He nudged his side, "What's so funny?" He asked, already smiling because Luke's dimpled smile is contagious.

Luke giggled adorably and leaned his head on his shoulder, pointing at their reflections on the shiny silver doors. "It's just that, the first time that we rode on this elevator together, after Calvin and I's encounter earlier that day, I admired your features on the reflection of those very doors. From your messy hair, your eyes, beautiful tan complexion, body sculpted like a Greek god, everything about you.. I still found you hot even if you were smelling like sweat and mud!" The jock grinned upon hearing, his tan arm going around Luke's slim waist holding him closer than ever. "I thought that you're so perfect and I hoped that you really were my soulmate. But when I continued staring at you like I wanted to say something, you rudely called me out for it and I was so upset I cried in our room."

His hold on him tightened and he nuzzled his face on the crook of luke's pale neck, like a puppy trying to cheer up its owner. "I'm terribly sorry for doing that, love. Like I said before, I didn't know and I had reasons..."

Calum's utterly forlorn to hear of the sorrow and pain Luke was forced to feel during the months he was selfishly keeping to himself, denying Luke the love and happiness he deserves and not even thinking about the salty tears relentlessly pouring down from his dull, blue eyes. His heart aches just by imagining the lost look on the blonde's face. He never wants Luke to be sad again. He'll do everything in his power to keep him smiling every day, as bright as the sun in the sky. During all of the time they'll be together he promises that he'll only feel dizzy with glee. Those ocean eyes will keep on dancing like the waves in the sea, huge tides of joy crashing and washing over him over and over that he'll forget everything that drowned him before. He'll be there in times of his frustration and desperation. He'll be the air that he breathes when he feels suffocated, the one person that makes him feel safe and at ease.

Calum will be Luke's everything, just like what he is to him.

And it might be true that promises are meant to be broken, but so long as the sun goes up and the moon comes down, then so long lives his promise, and the love spoken behind every single word of it.

"It's fine, Cal. I understand. You don't have to worry about it anymore. It's all in the past." Luke said with all of his truth, and leaned in to kiss his squishy cheek. "Besides, I have you now, right?"

The maori gently pulled away and pressed his plump lips to the blonde's for a while, before looking at his blue eyes, sweetly whispering "For all the days of my life, sweetie."

It would be a lie if Luke said that his heart didn't leap. He turned crimson red but held eye contact with his lover and soulmate, eyes crinkling mirthfully, face flushed with happiness. Then he kissed Calum lovingly once more. He's just so happy. So fucking happy that nothing can compare to what he's feeling at the moment.