but do you wanna run away?

Literally all my stories are slow paced so I'm sorry if it's boring you out. Thanks for a thousand and more reads. Last time i checked it was still at 900 :)
-

The day was almost ending as pile of students walk out of their respective classrooms and to the long hallways, thick books clutched tightly by their hands, tired expression on their faces. Life in a university greatly differs from high school, because in high school you grow up and learn with the same people for the following years, unlike in college where every term you spend every subject with different people in different places. College is such a wild and huge maze that can get you lost with every turn.

Which leads us to a lonely Luke sitting once more to the place he's grown accustomed to, the university library where he always watches calum play soccer outside the glass window.

Luke's thoughts wander while his vision slowly loses its focus on the back of the guy with the number 4 jersey. The slightly crumpled test paper held by his left hand long forgotten, the crowd around him lessening and lessening without him being aware of the time ticking away. He was down in the dumps ever since monday. He's done every single thing sad people do. Listen to sad music, shut people out, reminisce. Him thinking back to the year before he entered University of Sydney, he first regretted leaving his family and home to live in the school dorms, to study alone, eat alone, deal with professors alone, do his school works alone, do everything alone. It was either that or he won't go to college at all so he took the only option and tried to face the real world. Sometimes he got by with the help of some friends, like Ashton, but at the end of the day he'll always be with Ashton physically, but alone mentally.

He thinks that high school is much more fun because you basically spend a long time with everyone and even grow up with them. Friendships in high school are nicer and emotionally intact, but in college you have to know who to trust or spend time with, to think if they're worth your time or not.

Not to mention his expectation of failing the history test he's been trying to prepare for last weekend. He was able to get a barely passing score. Still passing, though, so he doesn't have to worry about that except doing better on the next one. And yet he's still feeling down. It's taking a toll on him. He doesn't want to feel sad.

He honestly doesn't know the main reason behind him feeling this way, but he's thinking that it's got something to do with calum. Is his soulmate feeling sad that it's reaching Luke?

That's why he's in the library in the first place. To wait for calum finish his soccer practice on a Wednesday. To talk about the meaningful kiss they shared, hopefully. And to ask him how he's doing, in soccer, in his literature test, in everything. Luke would like to listen to calum open up to him. Maybe it will lighten up Luke's uncooperative mood with just the first sentence that comes out of his soulmate's mouth.

His thoughts are interrupted by a beeping sound of his phone also ignored on top of the wooden table. Luke slowly took the device in his hands and saw that Ashton texted him.

From: Ash
Wednesday, 5:03 PM

Where are you, Lukey?

To: Ash
Wednesday, 5:04 PM

I'm at the library. Why did you ask?

From: Ash
Wednesday, 5:06 PM

I'd like to get dinner outside of the campus and I was hoping that you'd come with me! :D

From: Ash
Wednesday, 5:07 PM

Where are you so I can get you then we'll be on our way? :D