nothing left to hold

First of all thank you for the reads, if it weren't for my friends and readers i've long given up on this story. You know who you guys are, love you. :)
-

When calum came back to his senses, he almost had a mini heart attack and pushed whoever was guarding him as he sleeps. After all, who wouldn't be surprised to wake up to someone holding your hand tightly, head laying down in your side? He couldn't even remember getting in the school infirmary. What happened to him? His back aches a lot and his chest feels tight, like he couldn't breath as deep as he'd like to.

He's not in his soccer uniform anymore as well so it could mean that he's been here for more than an hour. Where are his friends?

He looked around the room, observing silently, before looking down to the blonde still sleeping and holding his hand. He has a guess on who it could be but he doesn't want to get his hopes up. He tried moving slightly, but just a stretch of his fingers immediately woke the blonde beauty up.

Luke yawned and reluctantly opened his eyes, blue meeting brown. "C-calum! You're awake!" He gasped and fastly looked behind them to call out the nurse but realized they're alone in the room. "Uh, the nurse should be here, where did she go?"

"No, d-dont worry about me, I'm fine." The older boy assured.

Calum's raspy voice sent chills down the blonde's spine, because damn, his voice is so manly and perfect. He wouldn't mind waking up to that and hearing his deep, husky voice say "Good morning, love," everyday.

Luke gulped and looked down to compose himself. Luke, get your shit together. You're embarrassing.

Calum was just silently observing his soulmate's expression change from time to time; having a worried face at first, then making it blank, but now pink tinting his pale cheeks. He fought hard to hide the smile from forming causing him to involuntarily squeeze their intertwined hands together.

Luke's eyes widened when he realized that he's actually staring down at their holding hands and was gonna let go, but the raven haired boy caught his hand again and held on it instead. By that time calum's cheeks were also tinted pink, heart beating fast.

"Calum.." Luke whispered, blushing hard. He can't look directly at his soulmate's eyes especially when he's sure that he's red as a ripe tomato.

"Does this bother you?" He asked in a small voice before he began rubbing circles on Luke's knuckles. He doesn't know why he's suddenly being so affectionate towards the blonde. He feels so light at the moment. All that he can focus on is Luke, how beautiful he is, how his heart beats so fast at the sight of him. He has the most gorgeous pair of blue eyes ever and skin so fragile that he's scared that he might break or shatter it like a glass if he touches him. He doesn't know why he's acting this way, like a yearning lover, heck, he doesn't even understand what he's trying to point out. There's this strong pull coming from the blonde that attracts him like a magnet to a steel. All that he thinks about is luke, luke, luke.

On the other hand, the blonde is still blushing so hard from the look calum's giving him. Is calum acting this way because of the medicine the nurse gave him? Wait, the nurse hasn't given anything yet. Does this mean the older boy he likes for a year now truly likes him back? His heart is rattling against his chest and he's not so sure if he can still move from his spot. His legs are shaking so bad and he feels like an ice cream melting under calum's burning gaze.

"U-uh, not really. I'm fine with it!" He answered, smiling to himself. Calum chuckled and tightened the hold on the blonde's hand.

"Do you know how I got here in the infirmary?" He asked.