Part 7

"Jamie," The whisper sounded so distant, "Jamie, it's time to get up." I groaned and snuggled in closer to whatever warm presence was in my bed, and I felt like I was being pulled even closer for a second and then last night came pouring back into memory. "We have to go to school." I smiled to myself as I opened my eyes slowly to find myself still on Austin's chest. "Good morning."

"Good morning." I mumbled back while reaching my hand up to rub sleep out of my eye. I looked over at my alarm clock, and realized my alarm had gone off 10 minutes ago, which I guess explained why Austin was up already, and was in turn waking me up. I sat up and instantly wished I hadn't.

My head started spinning and a warmth I knew all too well started creeping down my spine making me grit my teeth together. I quickly got up and made my way across the hall to the bathroom, and went straight for the medicine cabinet. I stared at the rather large bottle filled with the red liquid I had grown to hate since the first drop hit my mouth. I stared at it for a moment before reaching out and grabbing it.

As soon as I uncapped it the smell hit my nose and I could already feel my stomach stirring. With one hand I held my nose shut, and with the other I lifted the bottle to my mouth and took a few large gulps of what tasted like a mix of vomit and different berries. As soon as the bottle left my lips and was back on the counter my head was inches away from the sink, and my throat was burning as whatever was in my stomach was now making its way into the sink.

I slowly pulled back and wiped my mouth and could already feel myself calming down. I quickly cleaned up the bathroom before taking the quickest shower of my life making sure to keep the water fairly cool. After getting dressed and brushing my teeth I made my way to the living room where Austin sat on the couch with an annoyed looking River close by.

"Why aren't you ready yet?" River asked annoyed. I checked the time and I was only two minutes late, and we always ended up at school so freaking early anyway, so what did 2 minutes even matter to him?

"I woke up late." I told him only earning me an eye roll. I quickly slid my shoes on, and then River was about to drag us out the door when Austin grabbed my hand first.

"You need to eat." Was all he said before dragging me into the kitchen. I could feel River getting more and more irritated, but he didn't voice it the entire time Austin was shoving things at me, in fact he even offered a smile. Within the next 5 minutes I was holding an orange, a banana, and some strawberry yogurt, as well as a juice pouch.

"Please don't leave any of that in my car." River said sounding far less annoyed, and I'm not sure if it was because we were finally getting into the car, or if it was just the way Austin just basically took care of me the way a mate would.

"We have to give that presentation today right? For Chemistry." Austin asked from the backseat.

"Yeah, you have your part done right?" Austin was always really bad at doing his work, especially if it was group work. He was that kid who sorta leaned back and waited for everyone else to do it for him.

"It's all in my locker." He informed me.

There were a few minutes of silence before River chuckled and I looked over at him wondering what he was laughing about. "You enjoying the view Austin?" he asked and I felt a scowl fall across my face as I remembered yesterday's conversation.

"Always do." Austin said with a bright smile. I whipped around and looked at Austin who just sat there with a goofy grin on his face.

"Can I please know what's going on?" I asked calmly looking between the two of them.

"I'll tell you when you tell me." Austin said which did nothing but confuse the hell out of me. I stared at him for a moment and I felt River stiffen a little next to me as he threw a curious glance in Austin's direction.

"What's that even supposed to mean?" I asked sounding probably more irritated than I was. Austin just chuckled and shook his head before leaning back in his seat and closing his eyes. I stared back at him for what felt like only a moment, just trying to figure out exactly what was going through his head, but by the time I turned around we were pulling into the school parking lot.

Stepping out of the car I could already feel my knees weakening as the energy from all the doms hit me square in the chest. I felt an arm slid around my waist and it was probably the only thing that kept me from falling to my knees. I looked up only to see Corey standing by my side with a strange look on his face.

I watched as a mix of emotions sat in his eyes, but I couldn't place any of them before they were gone and he was speaking. "I told you it wouldn't be smart to come in today. I'm surprised River didn't say anything, can he not smell it?"

I stared at him for a moment and I could feel my face heating up as I realized what he was talking about. I opened my mouth to speak but I couldn't think of anything to say so I ended up just sitting there for a moment opening and closing my mouth probably looking stupid as hell.

"You really need to consider going home. He might not be able to smell it yet but he will by the end of the day, and trust me, every mateless dom is gonna throw a fit." I could feel my face getting redder and redder as the conversation progressed, and it really didn't help that when I accidentally leaned into him I could feel something hard poking against my thigh.

"I'll leave after Chem." I promised. He stared down at me and looked like he was thinking about it intensely before he nodded.

"Just let me walk you to and from classes." He instructed in a tone that let me know it was a command. "If you try to walk on your own with all this energy you're gonna end up kissing the concrete." I gave a light nod. "When's your Chem class?"

"Second period." I told him and I could feel him relax at that. It was then that I realized exactly how hard it was gonna be for him being around me this time around. The older he got the more his position pulled to him, so the more emotions he would take on.

We got to my first period class and he refused to leave until I was sitting, and as soon as he walked away I felt why. The entire pack was at school by now, and I had to literally put my head down to get over the overwhelming wave of panic that set in. This was not gonna be a fun few hours at school.