Part 20

*Jamie's PoV*

We all sat silently waiting for Alpha to talk, but he seemed to be trying to find the right words to start it off. It was odd seeing him at a loss for words, he always seemed so together. It just had me worrying about what was going on, like what could be so intense Alpha didn't even know how to talk about it?

"When you two were had sex," He started slowly and I could already feel the shade of red returning to my face, "did you bite each other?"

Both Austin and I simultaneously brought our hands to rest on our necks where we had bitten each other. I hadn't even thought about it, but we had both bitten hard enough to draw blood, and neither of us had a single mark where are mouths had been.

"That's what I thought," Alpha said before we officially answered. "Jamie, when you bit Austin you released a hormone into his blood stream that only you have due to the situation that you're wolf is completely white but in the Beta position." He explained.

I stared at him not sure where he was going with this, but he just stared back waiting for a reaction that no one was producing. "Do you remember when you were younger and we would talk about humans?" He asked and I nodded. "Remember how I told you that they all have some wolf in them, it just lays dormant and they don't know about it?" I nodded again. "Well, that hormone you injected him with woke up his wolf."

Everyone was silent as we all tossed glances at each other, but we still remained silent.

"The hormone, would normally just help him to understand things better, but because his wolf woke up when it did so quickly, and being with you, it took over and when he bit you he released both the mating hormone, and a stabilizing hormone that would allow him to stay awake."

Everyone at this point was sitting forward staring at Alpha intently, hanging on every single word. "So Austin," he continued looking at him, "you're more so one of us than you've ever been. As long as Jamie is alive, you're wolf is gonna be awake, he's still weak right now which is why you can't really feel or communicate with him, but the more time you spend with Jamie, the stronger he's gonna get, and eventually you'll be as strong as any born werewolf."

Austin shifted around next to me before opening his mouth to speak. "So, you're saying, I'm a werewolf now?" Alpha nodded softly. "Will I be able to shift like you guys."

Alpha nodded again and then spoke up, "Eventually yes you will, but until then, we're going to have to limit your contact with James."

I could feel myself stiffen at that. I had gone so long trying to distance myself a bit, and it had been killing me. I was finally with my mate, and he wanted us to stay separate now? He was one of the people pushing so hard for us to be together, and now he's saying cool it? Literally just last night he had told my dad to chill and let us have sex. Now he's saying we need to limit ourselves.

"Jamie," Alpha said calmly making my eyes lock with his. "Calm down. It's not as bad as you think." I closed my eyes and shook my head. "We need to train him at a certain pace, and if his wolf gets to strong before that, he might lose control, and we don't need that."

I could feel the tears welling up as I shook my head again. "But we just got together." I said quieter than I had meant to but I knew he had heard me. "He just asked me to marry him." I added more for myself than anyone else, I had mumbled it so softly I doubted anyone heard me at first until I heard my dad practically choking.

"You two wanna get married?" River asked sounding more confused than shocked. I felt Austin's arms fall around me and pull me close to him.

"Well," Austin started. "I figured, we're mates. Which is great, and I get that that's basically marriage for you guys, but at the same time, I want my mom to know, and even when I was younger, it's just a thing for humans. So yeah I wanna marry him, and he seemed pretty excited about it last night."

"That's not really something we do." My dad started in.

"Can I be the best man?" River asked excited.

"That's not really something we do." My dad stated louder.

Alpha seemed to ignore it all together though at first, "I'm not saying you two need to be apart at all times kiddo, I'm saying we need to limit it. You can still probably spend your nights together, just no sex." He said emphasizing it. "If you do, then you won't be able to sleep in the same bed, and it's not forever, Jamie, when we get him and his wolf to work in the same way ours do you'll have plenty of time to ask me to walk you down the isle because your father doesn't seem to pleased with the thought."

By now my face must have been as red as a tomato, but I could hear both River and Austin laughing, and I was sorta scared to look up at my dad. He was being so weird lately, one minute he's like 'I'm so glad you're mated to my son', then the next he's like 'I don't want you being married, also stop touching him so much'.

"You should ask Corey to be the maid of honor." River chirped in again. "Tell him he's the man of honor so he'll say yes, but we'll all know."At that point both him and Austin lost their shit as they fell into fits of laughter.

"I have a feeling he'll know." We looked over to see Travis standing with his son a few feet away, and instantly I felt myself tensing up a little. We can normally sense each other, and I hadn't even gotten a little bit of anything off of them.

"The area is closed off to energy, no one can even shift here." Alpha spoke grabbing my attention. "Once you step into the bounds, everyone is human. Haven't you noticed your wolf being so quite?"

"I hadn't really been paying attention honestly." I confessed, but now that he had mentioned it, he hadn't been freaking out like he normally did.

Before I knew it Corey was behind me with his legs wrapped around me. I turned to look at him but then froze as his fingers started trailing over my back, and then his lips were pressed to my neck.