Part 31

Keyon looked pissed as he stood there just glaring at alpha, but seemed to calm himself a little before speaking. "It would be easier if he stayed behind and trained here."

Alpha stared back for a moment before he nodded softly. "I'm aware, but it's not an option."

Keyon took a deep breath this time "I'm not going to be able to work with the gates till I'm happy with where he's at."

"That's fine." Alpha said in a tone that clearly meant the conversation was over. Keyon huffed a little before turning and heading for outside, but not before shooting me a look telling me to hurry up with the food.

I wanted to groan. He was already a dick, and now he was a pissed off dick. Today was not going to be fun. I slammed the rest of my food as fast as I could and was getting ready to grab Jamie and head out after him when Jamie stopped me.

"Daddy?" He started and I watched as Steven looked towards him. "It gets kinda boring while he's training, do you wanna come and sit with me and Corey?"

The looks on his face was enough to show how much he was loving all of his son's attention. "Sure princess. But I can't stay out all day. Your uncle and I have some business we need to attend to a little later."

Alpha practically snorted and shook his head. "Don't worry about it." he told Steven. "I can just drag River along. Go enjoy spending time with your kid, while I try to do the same."

"Hey!" River yelled. "You know you love spending time with me."

"Maybe when you're sleeping." Alpha threw back with a grin, and River just rolled his eyes. Jamie, Corey and Steve got up and the four of us made out way out back to the pond.

As soon as Keyon saw us he practically stomped over like a five year old as he started barking instructions. I did my best to follow what he was saying as everyone else made their way over to the rocks they liked sitting on.

Keyon was right in front of me trying to explain how to shift on command but the more he tried the more confused I got, which only made him more and more frustrated, so he got worse and worse at explaining it.

"Keyon," I started slowly not wanting to make the situation worse. "can you please just calm down a little?"

He sighed and took a step back. "I'm sorry. I'm just frustrated. I'm not gonna be able to use magic there like I do here, and it's gonna make everything a million times harder." He explained. "Look, let's try this again. Just focus. Call out to your wolf, and ask him to come forward."

I stepped back a little and concentrated. I didn't really feel to much different from before we mated though. I couldn't really feel him all that much. I mean, I felt him yesterday when he hurt Jamie, but other than that, he didn't talk to me like other people's wolves talked to them. It was like he was sleeping unless Jamie was in pain.

"You need to relax a little more, and just concentrate on trying to talk to him." Keyon instructed as if I wasn't. "Your entire body is tense, just loosen up."

I tried to relax myself a little more, but it was hard. This entire situation was so stressful, I just couldn't do what he was asking, my wolf just wouldn't wake up.

"I'm trying Keyon." I told him sincerely. "I just can't seem to talk to him, it's like he's sleeping."

Keyon's expression changed a little at that as his head turned a little. "Sleeping?" I nodded. "But you do feel him?" I nodded again. "Does he ever perk up at all? Besides when Jamie's in danger."

"Just during sex." I confessed.

He nodded slowly and glanced back towards Jamie and I felt my stomach tighten as my mind raced back to yesterday. "Jamie, come here."

Jamie paled but stood up only to have his father grab his arm. "What do you need him for?" His father called back.

"I'm not gonna hurt him, I promise, real or fake." Keyon told him sounding more sincere than I think I've ever heard him. Steve didn't look so sure though, after a moment he eventually released Jamie's arm, who in turn, quickly crossed the grass towards us.

"Would it be to much to ask you to shift?" He asked quietly.

Jamie reached up with his left hand to grab his right arm as he stepped back a little. "Do I have to?"

"I'm not sure." Keyon told him honestly. "But if it makes you uncomfortable, would you be willing to maybe try something else?"

"Why don't you care about everyone's comfort like that?" I asked, not that I minded, in the sense I was glad that he cared about Jamie's, but still he didn't ask me if it was okay to punch me in the stomach.

Keyon turned and glared at me. "Your not an adorable little ball of anxiety." He stated flatly before turning back to Jamie.

"If it'll help Austin," Jamie started, "I'll do what I can."

Keyon smiled at him and reached down to grab his hands and then placed them on my chest. "I want you to use your wolf to call out to his. Just use the energy for now, not your voice. Do you understand what I'm asking?" Jamie nodded. "Can you do that for me?" He nodded again, and I watched as he closed his eyes.