3.

So tonight Avery was going out with Hunter. To be honest, I couldn't care less but she wouldn't shut up about it.

"I am so excited PATTY!" She would yell down the hallway whenever she saw me. He was probably going to screw her up and dump her. That's what Hunter did, everyone knew. But I guess that really didn't matter to Avery.

Laying in bed I thought about what Angie had said to me about making friends. She was right, partially. I didn't have any friends because I didn't want to get made fun of because of my insecurities. People liked being friends with who were pretty, perfect, fun to be with, and well pretty. I was none of those things.

I looked at the photograph frame with the photo of me and my Dad in it. He was holding a two year old me, over his shoulders. Tears smoldered in my eyes as my heart throbbed, missing him to death. He generally let me know that I was the most beautiful young lady on the planet. Mum was never around to try and think about what I was going through.

Trying not to think about all the things that bothered me, I turned on my laptop and started writing. That was my escape from reality. The only way for me to pour out my emotions without anyone else hearing them.

'Like a withered flower beneath your feet,
Like a dying heart that's lost its beat.

Like a falling bird with its wing broken and torn

Like a corpse buried underneath, blue and alone.'

I sighed going over what I had just written. A message popped up on my screen and it was none other than Hunter.

Hunter Reyes: Still haven't accepted my friend request?

Rolling my eyes, I quickly typed a reply.

Patricia Smith: Piss off, loser.

Hunter Reyes: If you think that offends me, you're dreaming.

He was so lucky I couldn't reach out to him through my screen and scratch his eyes out.

Hunter Reyes: Yo fat ass?

I felt anger boiling up inside of me. He did not miss out a chance on calling me fat or flabby.

Patricia Smith: Don't you have a date to go to?

Hunter Reyes: It's called being fashionably late, my dear Watson ;)

Ugh, who the hell did he think he was? Such an annoying snob. I wondered why Avery was even going out with him.

Without replying, I closed the lid shut of my laptop. I didn't want him to get any silly ideas about me wanting to talk to him. Besides, I had zero time for boys and their crap. I had a lot of other important things to worry about. Like my weight, my grades, and my weight.

Next morning, when I reached school, Avery jumped around with joy. By now everyone at school knew she and Hunter had gone out and now he was added to her list of 101 guys she dated.

@"Patty, you won't believe it!" She exclaimed, her cheeks pink. "He kissed me and it was amazing."
I pretended to be happy for her because I didn't really give two craps.

"Good for you," I smiled as I walked up to my locker to place my bag in there.

"Hunter's actually not too bad," Avery grinned to herself staring off in space dreamily. "He's handsome, cute and not to mention totally kissable."

Rolling my eyes at the back of my mind, I slammed my locker door shut. "Can you please not talk about him Avery? Please?"

"Sorry," she frowned at me. "Someone's in a mood. I had good news for you anyway."