14.

"Patty," Hunter reached out to me in school the next day. Mac had skipped school that day for some reason I was unaware of. "I really need to talk to you."

He sat down next to me at the lunchtable. Wow, and I thought he was embarrassed of being seen with me.

"What makes you think you can sit with me?" I snorted.

"Its just something really important," he sighed stealing a french fry from my plate. What was with everyone stealing my food?

I swatted his hand away. "I don't have time for your bullshit."

He scoffed. "I am pretty sure Mac is the bullshit here."

I felt so defensive about Mac. How dare he call him that!

"You have no right to say crap about him," I said defensively.

"You don't even know crap Flabby Patty," he laughed. "You're so naive."

Naive. That's the same word Mac had used earlier.

"You think Mac is a piece of shit because he's better looking than you," I smirked and munched on my french fries.

"Pfft," he rolled his eyes. "I think he is a piece of shit is because he is. Just google Matthew Rogers."

"Why the hell would I google a random ass?"

"Just do it." He winked getting up from my table and walked away joining his asshole mates.

Staring at the laptop screen, I cracked my fingers. I was scared to google what Hunter had asked me to. Taking a deep breath I typed in 'Matthew Rogers' and clicked search.

The first link that showed up was 'Matthew Rogers dies in a fire'. I clicked the link and an article opened up. There was a picture of a familiar looking man. As I read along the article, it had said that the man in the picture had burned and died in a mysterious fire that had started in the house. Although his son Mackenzie and wife Helen had survived.

Wait what the fuck? I was staring at a picture of Mac and his mom on my computer screen. He lied to me. He had said his mom and dad had gotten divorced. What on earth was all this crap?

Grabbing my phone I dialled in Mac's number and called him. It was time for some answers. Either Hunter was playing some stupid practical joke or Mac was hiding something.

The number you have dialled is temporarily out of service.

What the hell?

Without a thought, I ended up messaging the link of the article to Hunter. And as usual there was a sudden reply from him.

Hunter's Reyes: Ha! So you listened

Patricia Smith: stfu and tell me what the hell is this

Hunter Reyes: The truth

Patricia Smith: How did you find out?

Hunter Reyes: The guy's fake as fuck. Was not too hard to figure it out

Patricia Smith: You're fake as fuck

Hunter Reyes: trust me he's not who he says he is

Patricia Smith: and why do you care

Hunter Reyes: i don't

Patricia Smith: Then stop trying to break things between Mac and me. I really like him.