8.

It was quite obvious that I spent the whole week hanging out with Mac at school, outside of school, everywhere. Avery was more than happy about me having a "boyfriend". Although, we hadn't even kissed again after that one night we met.

"I am glad to see you trying to make new friends, Patty," Angie smiled at me from across the table.

"I guess so," I shrugged playing with the strings on my hoodie. "Its just Mackenzie and Avery really."

"Have you been working on your writing?" Angie adjusted her glasses over her nose.

I shook my head because I had completely forgot about Beaconsfield.

"Patty," Angie reached out and took my hand in her palms. "I see you have great potential. You just need to meet the right people, you know."

I flushed and she raised her eyesbrows.

"So you have met someone?" she chuckled letting go of my hand.

"No," I scoffed. "He's just really cool and all."

"Love is a wonderful thing," Angie let out a laugh.

"Ew," I grimaced. "Its not even love."

"Yet," she winked at me and I swear I almost puked.

"So I decided something," Mac said as he drove us in his car. After school, he would plead for me to let him drop home but I felt weird to be using him to avoid the school bus.

"What?" I asked, writing away in notebook.

"Can you like leave that alone and focus me for one second," he pulled the notebook away from me, and threw it behind on the backseat.

"RUDE," I slapped his arm. "Okay. Decided what?"

"You're not really a fancy date type of girl," he patted his fingers upon the steering wheel, smiling softly. "So I decided to take you home instead."

"You take me home everyday," I rolled my eyes.

"No, silly," he laughed pulling on a strand of my hair. "I meant my home."

Okay, so all these weird images flashed into my head. Me and him naked on his bed, having sex. What the hell was wrong with me? Maybe he just wanted to hang out.

"Earth to Patty," Mac shook my shoulder. "Are you okay?"

"Huh what?" I took a gander at him and realized I was blushing thinking about what lay under that shirt of his.

"You're nervous," he chuckled and slowed down the car pulling into a driveway. Yup, it was his house.

I didn't say a word until we walked up to the doorstep and he rang the bell.

"Will anyone be home?" I stammered looking down at my feet. My head was throbbing, my heart was beating fast, my sweat glands were out of control. In short, I was dying of nervousness.

"Yeah," he grinned. "Just my mom."

Fuck.

The door swung open and a petite, middle aged woman smiled at the both of us, her dimples showing. That definitely was his mom.

"Oh hi," her soft voice spoke. We both walked inside and she asked us to remove our shoes. "Who's this friend of yours Mackenzie?"

"Oh this is my girlfriend, Patty," he smiled admirably at me and then looked back at his mom.

I was not his girlfriend!

"Lovely," she nodded. "I have made some lasagna, which is Mackenzie's favourite. Go wash up and I'll get everything ready darlings."