21.

There was a bright, shining light blinding me. It was too bright for me to keep my eyelids open, but all I could see from far away was a silhouette. A familiar silhouette. With the way it moved towards me, I knew it was him.

"Dad!" I yelled running to him and into his arms. Was I dead? Or was I dreaming?

I heard him laugh against my ear and in such a long time I hadn't felt like at home. "My little Patricia."

My tears soaked his white shirt as I squeezed him as hard as I could. Nothing could pull me away from him anymore.

"Dad I miss you," I sobbed.

"And I miss you," he rubbed my back softly. "But I am only here to tell you to make the right choice."

"About what?" i clutched his sleeve not wanting to let go.

"About yourself Patty. You must know that the only person who can love you the most is yourself."

"But why would you tell me this now? " I pulled away to look at his face. I touched Dad's cheeks to know if he was really there. The warmth of skin travelled through my fingers and his smile was so peaceful.

"Because you have been searching for the wrong thing all your life," he said gently. "They all can't love you like you can love you."

"I don't know what you mean!" I almost screamed but he held me tight, like he used to when I was a kid.

"You will," he planted a kiss on my forehead and just like that everything went black.