11.

"How was your weekend?" Avery winked at me, stealing a french fry from my plate. We were eating lunch together at school after a really long time.

"It was allright," I shrugged trying to hide my enthusiasm.

"You're a terrible liar!" She laughed and shook her head. "Did you and Mac move to second base?"

My ears set on fire and I quickly replied, " The hell? No way."

"Well me and Hunter already did," she giggled and brushed her fingers through her hair.

Wow, that stung for some reason. Hunter hadn't broken up with her yet, like he always did with girls after a week or two. Been a month and they were still together. Was he in love with her? Mac was ridiculous saying Hunter was in love with me. The jackass had been bullying me since middle school.

"Patty? You okay?"

"Uh," i shook away the thoughts from my head. "Yeah i am fine."

"You seem really pale," Avery frowned as she could probably tell I was lying. "Oh there's Hunter."

My heart started galloping and I just wanted to disappear. I didn't want to face Hunter, not after what had happened.

"Hey babe," he smiled at Avery giving her a kiss, then sitting next to her. He didn't even acknowledge me or even look my way.

"What?" I said. "No Flabby Patty? No making fun of my weight?"

His eyes moved towards me and all I could see was distance. He didn't look at me like he always did. It seemed lime he really hated me now.

Without a reply he turned back to Avery. "Last night was great."

"Uh yeah," she replied awkwardly glancing at me then back at Hunter. So he officially despised me. Great.

"I don't even know why you're worried," Mac brushed my hair out of my face. I laid with my head in his lap on the floor in his room.

"I just.." I sighed. "There's something I haven't told you."

Looking up at him, I bit my lip. His face looked stunned. "What haven't you told me?!"

"Relax," I chuckled touching his soft cheek. "I didn't cheat or anything."

Mac let out a sigh of relief. "I almost thought you were going to say you kissed him."

My mind flashed to me and Hunter kissing. Like what would it feel like if we did? What the eff? Why was I thinking about that right now?

"I slapped him," I replied closing my eyes. "It just happened and I didn't even realize what i was doing."

"Oh.."

"So that's why I have been really worried if he hates me."

Mac leaned over planting a kiss on my forehead. "Just apologize to him."

"I tried," I shrugged. "He won't talk to me anymore."

"Well, I am kind of grateful for that part," he said and I laughed. Silly Mac.

Pulling his head down, I made his lips meet with mine. Mac was making me fall for him so hard. And not to mention, I didn't feel insecure anymore. Everything was going great, nothing bothered me at all.

Maybe Angie was right. Maybe it really was turning into love.

"What was that for?" he whispered after we broke the kiss.

"I just wanted to," I bit my lower lip, my cheeks turning pink.

"Oh really," his whispered sexily leaning over, and kissing my neck. My body stiffened. "You need to loosen up a little bit."

"I-I am.."

"Relax," his eyes sparkled as he whispered and leaned in to kiss me again.

A knock on his door made us both jump and pull apart. "Kids the food is ready," we heard his mom call out.

Mac smiled and helped me up and we both walked down the stairs with our hands held together.

"You've been really distracted Patty," Angie shook her head in disappointment. "Have you been working on your personal statement?"

"Not really," I scratched my chin. She had called me into her office at school. Angie was right,I hadn't been paying attention to my future.

"Its a great thing to be in love," Angie said. "But you need to focus on school as well."

"I know I know," I sighed. "I will I promise."

Getting up, I made my way out of the door. Mac was waiting for me on the other side.

"So how did it go?" he asked interlocking his fingers into mine.

"She just wants me to focus on school more," I sighed squeezing his hands.

He jerked me against the wall making me gasp. Mac moved his face close to mine, "Because you've been focusing on me a lot lately huh?"

I flushed. "Stop. What if someone sees us?"

"So let them," he smirked and placed his lips on mine. Every kiss felt like our first. I was not embarrassed of being me anymore. Mac taught me to learn myself and not care about what anyone else thought. But the first thing I needed to do was apologise to Hunter. And so I decided to pay him a visit.