*BONUS CHAPTER*

*Just a bonus chapter in the story of Hunter and Patty for my dear readers who enjoyed this book and voted and commented. Thankyou for reading! & I hope you enjoy it.*

I couldn't stop smiling as soon as I saw the back of his head and his neck. My heart was beating so fast, just like he made it race all those years ago.

I glanced at the address on the tissue paper and confirmed it was the name of the coffee shop he had scribbled in his messy handwriting. He didn't know I could see him waiting through the huge glass windows of the shop as he had his head bent over slightly like he was probably looking through his phone.

Even though I felt exhausted after the book signing and had debated on whether to go or not, my heart did not comply with my brain. I had to see him.

Taking in a huge heap of fresh air, I walked into the shop. A part of me expected him to turn around and see but he didn't move.

Slowly, I made my way to his table and he still didn't look up. That was when I noticed his hair had gotten shorter than before and he had grown out a stubble.

His long fingers were moving so carefully over the phone screen in his palms and I started to feel a rush of adrenaline by just looking at him.

I tapped my fingers on his table making him jerk his head up. For a good minute, we stared each other, right through our souls trying to find the distance that was created seven years ago. Memories came flooding back as I watched him get to his feet slowly. His beautiful eyes, those eyes I once fell for all those years ago, looked at me with pain and agony and longing.

I smiled but he didn't return it and instead looked at me intently, his face so intense like he was trying to hold back his tears.

"Patricia.." he whispered softly and his voice made me whimper as a puddle of tears welled up in my eyes. I reached out my hand to touch his cheek, to make myself believe it was real.

"Its really you, Hunter," I smiled widely through my tears and he nodded pulling me into his strong, warm embrace. People were watching us, I knew, but I couldn't care less.

Hunter squeezed my body and I felt him bury his head into the nape of my neck. His familiar scent was nostalgic, reminding me of all things most precious and even the ones I dreaded the most.

"Lets get out of where," I whispered and he didn't even to reply for me to know he was dying to go.

He didn't have a car, so I drove him back to my apartment. The ride was awkward, silent and one that would make you want to crash your car.

"This is cosy," he commented as I led him into my apartment. It had just one room and a small kitchen attached to the lounge, but it felt like home.

"It is," I replied setting my keys onto the kitchen counter. "You can hang your jacket there." I pointed to the rack by the door and he nodded taking off his leather jacket.

My breathing stopped for a second as I watched him. His shoulders were broader than I remembered and his abs were visible through his white t-shirt. I noticed he saw me watching him and grinned, but his smile didn't connect with his eyes.

"Would you like something to drink?" I asked ignoring the thoughts I was having and walked to the fridge.

"Just water," he said politely, following me to the kitchen.

"I have some beer too."

He shook his head. "I have been sober 2 years now. But I will take a soda if you have any."

I wasn't quite sure what he meant by that but nodded anyway. "Here, I have some Dr. Pepper."

"Thanks." He took the can and instantly opened it, gulping it down.