19.

I felt guilty. Had I cheated on Mac? But did it even matter because I actually loved Hunter. I was a mess, what the hell was I doing?

Hunter finally gave me his number and told me to end things with Mac before he left. I mean he hadn't even come see me when he clearly knew I was sick. Whatever was going on with him, I was determined to find out.

"I am sorry I couldn't make it Patty," Avery apologised in school after the weekend.

"It's allright," I muttered staring off into space. As usual, we sat at the lunch table where she usually liked to gossip about everyone.

"What's going on with you?" Avery frowned and I shook my head.

"Don't lie to me," her hand reached out and pinched my cheek.

"Its just Mac," i sighed and buried my face in my hands.

"But you love Hunter," i heard her say. I was fucking stunned as I stared at her with her mouth dropped open.

"How would you.."

"Oh please," Avery cut me off rolling he eyes. "You would practically drool all over him every time you saw him."

"No i didn't!" I shot at her defensively.

"Hunter only asked me out to make you jealous," Avery smirked and shook her head. "I think it worked."

"Wait you were in on it?" My voice was rising as was my body temperature.

She nodded and winked at me taking a sip off her juice. "So you do love him."

"I can't believe you would do that to me!"

"Relax Flabby," that familiar voice spoke from behind me. I couldn't face him, why was this happening.

His hand touched the back of my neck and moved to my cheek as he sat down next to me. My hair stood on its end and my heart was about to explode. There was definitely no doubt anymore about how I felt about him.

"So i told her our secret," Avery coughed and Hunter's eyes went big.

"What the fuck why would you?!" He growled through his gritted teeth.

"Because you're an asshole," I muttered under my breath.

"You know I am right here," he glared at me and I rolled my eyes in reply.

"Speaking off assholes," Avery found her cue to change the topic. "Where's Mac?"

I shrugged. "I haven't seen him in so long."

"Good thing he's gone," Hunter scoffed and rubbed my head making me swat his hand away. "Now this piece of flab can stay in my bed instead of his."

My cheeks started to gain colour and I felt like I was going to drown in my own sweat of embarrassment. "Shut the fuck up."

"Watch your potty mouth," Hunter moved his face close to mine. He was purposely doing that so i could smell his fresh breath and not resist the urge to kiss his flawless lips. "You don't want me to french kiss you in front of everyone."

I gasped and raised my hand to smack him across his face. But to my dismay, or maybe not, he grabbed it pulling me towards him. His lips felt warmer than they had the first time we kissed. Avery burst out laughing because we probably turned heads in the cafeteria. Everyone must have been going berserk thinking how the hell did Flabby Patty get a kiss from Hunter Reyes.

My breaths were deep and fast as were his when we both pulled away. The way he looked into my eyes so intensely made me want wrap myself around his soul and never ever let go.

"If that's what I am gonna get for cursing everytime," I breathed heavily. "I will never stop swearing."

Hunter let out a laugh. I don't know since when everything he did was so sexy to me. Hunter, the guy I thought I had despised.

"Weirdo," he smiled messing up my hair. I loved it when he touched my head like that.

I walked back home from school that day. Smiling like an idiot to myself because of my encounter with Hunter during lunch. I had made up my mind, he was the one. He had always been the one. The reason I had gotten with Mac was because I had craved the love and attention I had never gotten.

Unlocking the front door of the house, I walked inside.

"Mom?" I called out. She was home because her car was parked in the driveway. No reply.

I walked into the kitchen calling out to her but she wasn't there. She wasn't in the living room either so must have been in her room upstairs. Rushing up the stairs, I knocked on her closed door.

Opening it slowly, what I saw made my brain explode. I wanted to scream but no voice came out of my mouth.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" My voice cracked. Mac had his one arm over her mouth holding a gun to her temple with his other.

"Stay back," he growled. "Or i'll shoot her."

"Why are you doing this?" My knees trembled as I cried. "Mac.."

"Shut up!" he yelled pointing the gun to me. "Get down."

Tears trickled down my cheeks as I saw the fear on my mom's face. She didn't utter a sound. My mind was spinning in circles. Nothing made sense at all. Had he found out about me and Hunter?

"Mac please," I sobbed moving towards them. "If this is about me and Hunter.."

"I said shut the fuck up," Mac's face was red, raging with anger. "You really are naive Patricia."

I gulped.

"This was never about that," he smirked shaking his head. "Girls like you are always the easiest to target."