Chapter 1

His cold eyes darkened black in the shadowed corner of my mother's room.

"Go to your room!" He roared.

I wanted to run towards him, yell, scream, attack, do anything. But I didn't.

I obeyed. I just couldn't help it.

I silently slinked down the pack house corridor; taking a quick glance at the glowing moon that beamed outside the window. My body pushed me forward, making me ignore my mother's screams.

He was killing her.

And I just kept walking.

I turned the golden doorknob of my solitary box, still walking no matter how hard I tried to fight it. He had control of me, and I could do nothing about it. I walked over to my plain bed that laid blandly in the corner. My body then commanded me to lay down. Why didn't I do anything? Why can't I ever do anything? I began to claw murderously at my chest, a pool of blood now seeping its way through my nightshirt.

"Grey! Help me! Don't let him kill me! Wake up Grey! Don't let him kill me!"

I looked up to see my mother's blood covered body standing in my doorway.

.......

I quickly shot up like a bullet, breathing in and out heavily. A drip of sweat rolled itself down the side of my forehead.

"Grey! Grey, are you ok?!" A figure to my right spoke. I turned to see my step-sister, Ellie, sitting next to my bed with a worried expression. I looked around trying to figure out my surroundings. I was currently laying in a hospital room bed.

"What happened?" I moaned, rubbing the sleep from my eyes, as I ignored her earlier question.

"I heard you screaming from your room so I ran in, only to find you trying to scratch your heart out. What happened?" She said worriedly.

Why is she so protective now? I thought she practically hated me.

"It was nothing, just a little nightmare. Why do you care?" I said, flattening down my staticky hair.

"Tell her the truth." My wolf commanded.

"No. And don't you think about doing anything, you need to heal."

She broke off the mind-link, unsatisfied with my answer, but, realizing she couldn't do anything.

"Grey, tell me for goodness sake! You were practically screaming your mom's name, and on top of that, trying to murder yourself!" She screeched, clearly frustrated.

"Leave me alone!" I snarled at her. She backed off, having to obey due to my rank.

"Fine. But I'll be back to check on you. Father will be in soon, he has a new assignment for you. Just please, be careful," she said, walking towards the door.

"Whatever," I muttered, turning my head away from her. Sure, I was harsh, but I had to be. One, I was the youngest, I had to protect myself somehow. Two, she's never truly cared about me before, so why should I listen to her now? And lastly, the last time I opened up to her about my little crush I used to have on Nicky Preston, she blabbed about it, to everyone. It became the most humiliating moment of my life. From that day on I never told anyone anything. And since that day I've been safe. Well, I take that back. No one is ever truly safe.

My head and eyes shifted to the door that was now being slowly opened by someone. It fully opened, letting out an echoing creaking rhythm, and it revealed the mystery person to be none other than the alpha of our pack; my father.

"I have a new assignment for you."

I nodded my head understandingly, but still feeling a sharp pain. And I can confidently say this wasn't pain from my recent injury. It just...killed me. There was no 'hi' 'how are you doing?' 'or, 'are you ok?' Just work. Just business, nothing more, nothing less. I should be used to it my now, that's all it's ever been.

"How do you feel about weddings?" He asked out of the blue, as he sat down on a tattered chair from the corner of the room. "Uh...I guess they're...exciting? I'm not sure I understand the question." He processed my words and finally spoke. "I'm arranging a marriage...for you."

He can't do that. He won't. He knows how broken I've been after my last mate...Kyle. He knows I just want to be left alone. My heart felt as it just stopped. "What do you mean an arranged marriage?! I'm the youngest one out of 5 siblings and you chose me? Why not Ellie?" I spoke distressed. "She will happily marry any guy no matter who he is." I mumbled. My father rose from his seat and walked over to me. I shrank back in fear. His large hands wrapped around my jaw, I could instantly hear the bone cracking. "Don't ever speak about your sister like that again." He pushed me back into the wall, snapping my jaw along with it.

I let out a moan in pain as I began to rub my face. I winced when I hit a sore spot, it will surely leave a nice bruise. I glared at my father as he just smiled a sickening grin. He began to get up from the chair and walked towards the door.

He turned back to look at me and tossed a folder at my face. I immediately caught it in my fingers. "Your new husband is coming to meet you tomorrow, so I expect you to look decent. Like you could ever be, you ugly dog. I don't see why he wants you. I showed him pictures of all your sister but he chose you, who knows why. Anyways, that's another assignment I have for you. After your meeting with Vix, your husband, you will need to begin your new mission," he said, then finally walked out, slamming the door behind him.

An evident scowl was kept on my face even after he left. He doesn't want to admit it, but I'm the best fighter he has. Also due to me being a considerable Alpha, I have many advantages over packs. None of his daughters want to leave our pack. All they want to do is screw every non mated wolf here. I on the other hand have a little more respect for myself. Exploring is just a way of life, and on my travels I meet people, I know people, I become allies with people. Making our pack one of the strongest in the world.

I looked curiously down at the file in my hands. I let out a long exasperated sigh, and ran my fingers through my hair. I then open up the little yellow folder, revealing a picture of a very handsome man. His dark hair and visible stumble made me at a loss of words. And his bright blue eyes almost felt like they were staring straight into my soul. They looked cold and dark, but a slight caring-ness was still visible. This seemed like a recent picture, he was clearly not aware of it being taken. The shape of the moon in the backround told me this was only a few nights ago.

I dragged my hand across the page, searching for this mystery man's name.

Name: Adrien Black

Pack: Bloodmoon Ash

Rank: Alpha

Assignment: Murder

My eyes widened. I have been assigned to kill the most powerful and dangerous alpha min the world.
-–-–-–-–-–-–-–-–-–-–-–-–-–-–-–-–-–-–-–-–