Chapter 4

I hit the ground with a thud, then quickly shifted and took off towards the woods. I began to breathe heavily as I picked up the pace, afraid my father may be behind me. The thought only made me go faster. I turned to look behind me, when I saw nothing but the trees, I began to slow down. My lungs burned and ached for water.

I walked blindly down an open area, my body swaying as I went. My eyes lit up as a sparkling pond came into view. I quickly ran to it, lapping up the liquid as quick as possible. When I was fully satisfied I laid down, putting my head in my paws.

I began to sniff the area, looking for any signs of danger. When I smelled a very faint rogue scent, I took off once more.

"Watch out!" I heard. I was then pushed to the ground. I opened my eyes to see two little faces staring back at me. They were identical twins, maybe about 8 or 9 years old. What are they doing out here alone?

"Help," They both whimpered in my neck, clinging to me tightly. Looks like everyone's running away today.

My ears perked up, alert, as I heard a drawn out growl from behind a tree. A large wolf came out. He had a dark grey wolf, with white paws. His now overpowering disgusting scent told me he was rogue. His eyes were completely fixed on the girls, they were filled with anger and death. No way was I letting him near them.

He charged at me, and I pushed the girls off. I sat up and began to circle the large wolf in front of me. Go behind the tree. I mind-linked the girls. They nodded their heads, their big blue eyes in the verge of tears. I turned back to face the matter at hand.

He tried to immediately jump on me, a bad move on his part. I sunk my claws into his leg, causing him to yelp out in pain. I was then pinned down once more, this time by a wolf much lighter than the first. There were more. I felt another one cling to my leg, his claws went in deeply, I couldn't keep it in and I screamed.

This caused the girls to come out of there hiding place. I barked at them to go back, but they didn't listen and attempted to help by weakly punching them on the backs. I saw an arms going towards them, and I wasn't fast enough. They both were flung into a nearby tree.

As I heard their cries of pain, I stared at both rogues with anger clearly in my eyes. I jumped up and onto the back of one, quickly snapping his neck. I moved the next, pinning him to the ground, but he predicted my move, throwing me off and towards the tree the girls were at. They clung to me and I was never letting go. As the last rogue moved towards us I bared my teeth, ready for anything.

My vision was blurred for a moment. All I saw was a black shadow, then the rogues dead form on the ground. The wolf pups loosened their grip and ran towards the figure. I got up trying to grab them before something happened.

"Daddy!" They called, hugging the neck of the wolf I saw before me. As his gaze fell on me he bared his sharp teeth. Well, clearly he has the advantage here.

"Don't hurt her! She saved us from the mean wolves!" One of them spoke, running towards me. I nuzzled her neck, thanking her from practically saving me.  

The large wolf backed away, then shifted back into human form. As he moved forwards I got a better glimpse at him.

This was Adrien Black, my assignment.
-------------------------------------------------------
Ok, just to clear things up, the girls are in human form, that's why they can speak. But Grey and Adrien were not. I re-read that I think that may have been confusing.

Anyways! I hope you liked this chapter! Sorry about how short it is, I tend to write short chapters. Kitty Out!
-------------------------------------------------------