Chapter 9

Grey's: POV

"I still can't believe you punched that guy in face."

"And I can't believe you pinned me down," he laughed, taking a bite of a sandwich he had made.

"Don't underestimate me, and make me a sandwich too!  Need I remind you I was the one who was hungry!"

He laughed and handed me the other half of the sandwich. I quickly took it and ate it in seconds. I sat down in the chair and sighed out in content.

My attention was turned to the doorway when I heard loud footsteps. I looked to see a fuming man storm into the room; heading straight for Adrien. He grabbed him from his chair and pushed him against a wall forcefully, holding his neck.

"Get off of him!" I yelled, pulling at him. He pushed me back and I felt my back hit the counter. I regained composure and managed to pull his arm off for a moment, where Adrien took a large breath of air.

"Get off of me! I'll deal with you later!"

A wave of deja vú hit me and I fell to the floor.

"You're worthless! A waist of space, you don't deserve to live on this planet!"

I grabbed my head and screamed out softly in agony.

"Never make this mistake again...I'll deal with you later!"

The pounding in my couldn't be contained as I couldn't contain my cries this time.

Adrien had pushed the man away and was at my side by now. He placed me in his lap and pulled me close. I instantly felt calm, and relaxed into him further.

"I'm sorry, it will never happen again!" I cried. Adrien placed a hand on my arm, but I quickly pushed him off. I struggled to get out of his grasp, but sunk back into him when I saw the man stir from the side.

I looked up to see Adrien had his eyes closed and his mind was off somewhere else. Then, almost seconds later, Carter and Xander were rushing into the room.

Xander grabbed the guy and Adrien attempted to have me off to Carter, but I didn't want to leave him. He gave up and let me stay with him.

"Take him to the dungeon."

They nodded and carried the guy out, who was now awake and struggling.

"You ok?" I asked him, trailing my hand along a red mark on his cheek, it would surely bruise.

"Are you ok?" He asked, holding my hand in his.

I let out a drawn out sigh, as I realized my breathing returned to normal. "You realize you're not my first mate right? I didn't even think this could happen."

He nodded. "I didn't either. But I guess it did. I figured as much with being your second mate, the bond isn't as strong as my first," he said. "Can you explain to me what happened here later? I have to deal with the guy in the dungeon."

With that, he stood up and I loosened my grip. "I want to go with you."

He shook his head. "That isn't a good idea, you won't like what you see."

He didn't give me a chance to reply as he walked out of the room. Leaving me in the middle of the room. Well, this is great. I don't know anything about this house, and now I have to somehow find my way back to the room I guess!

I cried out in frustration and walked up some stairs. I prayed in my head this didn't lead me to a torture room or something like that. I looked down the end of the hall and saw Luke walking by, clearly looking for something or someone.