Chapter 8

Grey's POV:

"Alec?"

The little girl lifted her head from Carter's shoulder and ran over to Adrien.

"Daddy, is he gone?" She sniffled into his chest. My heart broke as I saw her tear stained cheeks. At that moment I mentally swore that I would get revenge on Vix. Adrien then began to pet her hair, and softly whisper things into her ear soothingly.

I stood awkwardly by the doorway observing the scene. I felt something squeezing my leg and I looked down. I recognized the girl as Nyx, who was clutching a star plushie in her tiny hands. I smiled and motioned for her to let go. I then sat down next to her and ran my fingers through her hair.

"Is she ok?" I whispered in her ear. She nodded her head slightly. "Just a little scared."

I nodded my head and sent her to go and join her sister. They both clutched onto Adrien and I gave a small smile.

I stood up and crossed my arms. "Well, well, well, the big bad wolf actually has a heart."

He lifted his head and glared at me, I put my hands up in defense."We like to dress him up like a pretty princess sometimes!" Alec exclaimed proud fully, forgetting her troubles. I raised my eyebrow at Adrien. He awkwardly laughed and picked up both Alec and Nyx. "Isn't it your guy's bedtime?" He asked. They looked at him like he was crazy.

"Dad, it's 2 o'clock."

"Right, just thought you would want an early start. Anyways...bye!"

He grabbed my hand and ran out the door, me in tow. I giggled silently as I imaged Adrien in a pretty princess gown. I used my other hand to cover my mouth, which didn't help when a loud shriek left my mouth. He let go of my hand and turned around. I then saw Carter walking by.

"Carter! I have to tell you something!" I called while laughing. I saw Adrien's eye's widen from the corner of my eye. He placed a hand over my mouth and pulled me into a room. I recognized it as Adrien's when the black handle of a knife came into view. I struggled in his arms and he tied me to the chair from earlier.

"Adrien I will give you three seconds to release me or your face is going to look like your walls."

He contemplated this for a moment and began to loosen the knot. The minute I could release myself, I stood up and knocked him upside the head.

He rubbed the back of his head in pain."Why must you alway hit me?"

"Why must you always do stupid stuff!"

He moved his head side to side and probably pondered every stupid thing that he's done over the past couple hours. Better give him a loong time to think.

"Ok, promise you won't tell anyone about what she said, and I will let you do and go anywhere you want."

I raised an eyebrow. "You'll let me go and do anything I want? Dude, I would have done that anyways," I said. He rolled his eyes. "Do you have a gym here?" I asked. He nodded his head and gave me a weird look. I ran out the door and wandered around the halls in search of it.

Adrien caught up with me and grabbed my hand. "You might need to know where it is before you go," he said as if he was talking to a child.

I flicked him in the head. "Then show me idiot."

He laughed and led me down the hall and stairs. We entered a brightly lit room with guys lined up to punching bags, weights, and metal bars. There was a one on one combat going on between who I recognized as Carter and the man who was holding Alec during the meeting.