Chapter 16

Grey's POV:

I sighed in content as I flipped the last page of my book. I closed it and admired the cover for a moment. Walk away Moon, by Nate P. Lockhart. Nate, my idiot brothers name. The world just doesn't want me to forget him, now does it? 

I thought about what I had to do. Will he even want to help? What if he rejects backing down? Will I have to fight against my brother?

I was immediately pulled out of my thoughts as I felt two hands begin to grip my shoulders from behind. I swung the book behind me and began to hit the attacker repeated with it.

"Grey! Grey! Ow, stop it woman!"

I stopped and looked down the see Adrien sprawled out on the floor.

"Don't scare me like that!" I screeched. He chuckled and got up. "Dually noted. Good things you grabbed the book instead of a knife," he said, rapidly breathing due to the current situation. "I should have grabbed the dang knife!"

He rolled his eyes. He began to play with his hands, furiously biting his lip. "Something you want to tell me?" I said, slightly laughing at the alpha I front of me. "You up to go on that date now? We didn't get to do it that one night," he said nervously.

My eyes widened in remembrance and I pecked him on the cheek. "I would love to."

.........

"You crazy lunatic wolf," I screeched, hitting Adrien on the back of the head. He laughed and smiled innocently at me.

"It's one of my favorite restaurants and I've been wanting to take you," he said. I hit him on the head once more. "You didn't say it would be really fancy! I would have put on something better!" I whined, gesturing to my plain black dress. He grabbed my hand and rose it to his mouth, gingerly placing a soft kiss on the top of my hand. "You look beautiful."

I blushed furiously. "You don't look too back yourself Mr. Alpha." He rolled his eyes and led us into the restaurant. He walked up to the podium on the middle of the room and gave them his name. They called in some red-head chick who looked like she did not want to be there, to lead us to our table.

I almost gagged at the amount of perfume she had sprayed on. She crossed her arms as she waited for us to sit down. "Ok, so what do you guys want?" She said, rolling her eyes. I awkwardly laughed to myself and pinched the bridge of my nose. I looked up to stare at her. "We literally just got here," I said, raising both of my eyebrows.

"Whatever," she responded. Her eyes trailed to Adrien and she began to smile. "Do you know what you want?" She trailed, lazily tracing her finger along his arm. I threw my hands up in confusion. What is the world is going through her brain?

Adrien grinned wickedly and removed her finger from his arm. "I would suggest you just leave and come back when we actually know what we want sweetheart. And FWI honey, you're trying way too hard. So leave me and my girlfriend alone and come back when you actually have some self respect for yourself," he said, causing her to huff and stomp away.

"Well that was fun," he laughed. We scanned the menu for a moment and I think we both figured out what we wanted. He then placed his head in his hands. "Tell me something about yourself. We haven't exactly been able to have a normal conversation."

I nodded in agreement and pursued my lips trying to think of a memory. "I once threw a warrior out the window when he said I couldn't I have a cookie."

Adrien laughed and slapped his forehead with his hand. "Guess that's as normal of a conversation as I expected."

I laughed and playfully threw my napkin at him. He caught it with ease and placed it back on the table. "What about you? You know about my idiot father, what about your family? What are they like?" I asked, taking a sip of my water.