Chapter 12

I groaned internally, wishing I never agreed to come to this store. Issa wanted to make sure I was "perfect" for my date. So apparently I will be wearing 15 dresses to dinner, based on the bags I held in my hand.

"Grey! You have to try this on!" Issa said, reaching for my arm. "You've said that for the past hour! I'm hungry!" I whined.

"Fine!" She said, hanging up the dress. "Let's head to that steak house we saw at the entrance."

I nodded and we made our way to the door, carefully dodging people as we went. I struggled to carry all the bags as I dodged, I probably looked like a hot mess.

Issa noticed my troubles, finally, and grabbed three bags from my arms. She pulled me into the door of the steak house and the host lead us to our table. I dropped all the bags on the floor and sighed out in complete relief. I grabbed a menu and searched through the options. I leaned over to Issa. "So is this a werewolf mall or a human mall?" I whispered. She drew closer. "Both. There are more werewolfs than humans I imagine. Used to be just werewolf, then humans got suspicious of why they just saw a random mall that no one heard about."

I nodded and turned back to my menu. I looked up at the sound of someone cracking their gum, very loudly I should add. I saw a girl there, in a waitress uniform. She clearly doesn't want to be here. "What can I get you losers?"

I raised my eyebrows at her and gave Issa a look. I placed my head in my hands. "Some decency would be nice. Oh? You're all out right now...pity," I said, grinning. She rolled her eyes. "Idiots, just tell me what you want, you don't have to act so hot shot wolfie yeah, I know, I'm no idiot."

"No one ever said you were, you said it yourself, your an idiot," Issa spoke up. I struggled to keep a laugh in. "We'll share the fish special," I ordered.

"Will that be all?" She rolled her eyes. I nodded and handed her our menus. When she brought our food I made sure to leave all the wrappers everywhere, and made a few "spills."

"Were we too mean?" I asked as we left. Issa shook her head. "She deserved it."

I smiled, thinking back. "Yeah...she kinda of did."

Issa laughed and turned forward. Her eyes popped out of her head and she squealed.

Oh no.

"Grey! Look!" She screeched. I rolled my eyes and prepared myself for whatever she had found. She was standing a some kiosk with little stuffed animals on them. She picked up a stuffed wolf that was sitting on a the top self.

"I find this offensive."

I laughed at the wolf as I saw its eyes were bug eyes and crossed, along with the tongue overly sticking out. I took it from her hand and put it up to my face. "Look! We're twins!" I teased. She laughed and put it back.

"You lovely ladies find something you like?"

We turned to see a guy around our age sitting in a spinny chair next to the cart. I raised my eyebrows at him. "We were just looking," I said.

"Do you like what you see?" He asked, raising his eyebrows and standing up. I rolled my eyes.

"Don't even try," I said, picking up a plush frog, wondering if I should get two for Alec and Nyx.

"Try what?" He said and pulled my into him.

"I will give you one second to let go of me."

I glanced over at Issa for help, but she was off in her own world, staring intently at the floor. He kept his grip and I pushed him off and threw the frog at his face. "I have a boyfriend, you pervert!"