Chapter 3

Grey's POV:

I eventually made it out of the hospital room, ignoring Ellie's worries, I even had to have the doctor check my stitches to make sure I was fine, so she would leave me the heck alone. She's been acting so weird, one minute she's insulting me, the next, she's worried.

I happily walked out of the dreaded hospital and to the pack house. Many people stared at me as I reached the pack grounds. Most of them muttering and whispering to each other or themselves. I guess word gets around fast when people find our one of their alphas tried to kill herself.

I ignored the stares and continued down the path. I finally reached the house and walked towards the kitchen. I internally rolled my eyes as I saw Miley, Kirsten, and Sal, my other step-sisters, sitting in front of a mirror. You would think they were trying to become clowns based on the amount of makeup they pancaked on their faces. Add their short skirts and tops, and you have all you needed to know about them.

Kirsten turned towards me. "Oh look, she back," she said as she rubbed her lips together, spreading the bright red color she applied. This caused all of them to look at me with sadistic grins. They got up and began to circle me, and I stood helplessly in the middle. "How are you healing, dog?" They laughed sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes and pushed past them, trying to desperately ignore their comments. "We thought you were dead, but we didn't want to get our hopes up," Miley taunted as she tried to block my path. I still walked on, opening cabinets to find a cereal box. I pulled it out, grabbed a bowl, milk, then tried to quickly exit.

But they weren't done with me yet. "I swear if you take Vix away from us, you will see your end. He's mine," Sal said, pushing me against the counter, causing the bowl to smash in the sink, I was dead. I turned back to Sal with anger. "You can have him!" I spat in her face. I looked around trying to find a way to escape. It wasn't exactly easy coming up with a plan when you have three girls ready to charge. My eyes lit up as I spotted the knife stand sitting perfectly in my reach. I pushed her back, giving me just enough time to grab the pointed metal. I held it threateningly towards them. "Stay away," I ordered.

They all had the same look in their eyes; fear. They knew I could kill with that knife, and they knew I wouldn't hesitate against them.

"Grey! Drop the knife now!" I heard a voice bellow.

But I would hesitate against my father.

He strode towards me, clearly fuming. His dark black eyes told me I was in for it. Sal, Miley, and Kirsten smiled wickedly as they saw my terrified face.

His hand gripped my neck, slowly plunging me into a fuzzy world. When my vision started to get spotty, I knew I had to do something. I raised my shaking hand just high enough, and plunged the knife deep into his shoulder. As I pulled it out, a crimson red liquid was dripping from it, giving me an accomplishment feeling. He fell down, sending me toppling with him. I knew better than to give him any advantage, and scurried to my feet. I raced down the hall to my room, shutting and locking the door as fast as I could.

I ran my hand through my hair, knowing I was in deep deep trouble. I glanced at the small window on my wall, and realized; I only had one option.

I threw my closet doors open, almost taking them off the hinges. I threw all my clothes off the floor in search of my weapon belt. I found it hidden under a pile of sneakers towards the back, and I immediately grabbed it. I snapped the clip in front and made my way towards the wall.

I then heard my door being kicked. "Grey! Open this door immediately! I will count to three and you will be out of this room!" My father roared.

"1!"

He punched a hole in the door.

"2!"

I stared at him intently, my only true family left.

"3!"

I leaped out of the window.
-------------------------------------------------------

DUN DUN DUN!

-------------------------------------------------------