Chapter 12

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Lolo! I'm soooo tired! Can we please take a break?" I whined jumping onto her back. We had been here for three hours and Lauren still hadn't found the "perfect" gift for Mila.

"We can take a break when I find Koala the perfect present." She said in concentration. I groaned in response.

"Why don't you just get her an engagement ring?" I joked laughing a bit at the thought.

"That's actually a good idea! You're a genius Y/N!" Lauren dropped me and ran to a jewelry store that was conveniently across from us.

My eyes widened as I got up and ran after my very excited sister. I didn't think she'd actually take me seriously. I didn't mind her marrying Mila at all but I was still a bit skeptical because of the fact that they hadn't come out to the public as a couple yet.

"Lauren I was kidding!" I got out surprisingly out of breath as soon as I ran into the very elegant shop.

"Well I wasn't and besides I've been thinking about proposing for a while now." She admitted rubbing the back of her neck nervously.

"As long as you're sure then I'm all for it after all Camila's always been the best at taking care of you... and me," I laughed.

"Great now help me choose a ring!"

"Yay! Camren wedding!" I cheered running off to look at other engagement rings.

After a while of looking around we found a ring. It was an 18 karat white gold vintage diamond baguette ring with a cushion shaped diamond. It was simple yet perfect for Mila. I was starting to become excited at the thought of her becoming my sister in law.

"Great we have the perfect gift. Now can we go home?" I asked sighing at the thought of being able to cuddle up to Tori on the couch before we headed back out to go snowboarding.

"Yes we can... right after I give you this," she smiled pulling out a little bag out of a bigger one from the jewelry store we had just come out of. I hadn't noticed that she had gotten something else other than the ring.

"Aww Lolo you shouldn't have," I smiled up at her taking the bag and opening it revealing a small black jewelry box. I took it out and opened it. I gasped, it was a gold necklace with a gold locket that had a compass design on the outside. I opened it up to reveal the words, "Que me quiten el bailao" and a butterfly engraved on the inside. I felt a tear slide down my face. These were the last words that our grandma had said to us before she passed away. She told us that it meant that they could take away everything except the experiences that made our lives worth living.

I didn't say anything and just walked up to her and hugged her with everything I had while the tears kept falling freely.

"Thank you," I whispered afraid that I'd start sobbing even harder.

"Anything for you princess," she whispered back I pulled away and noticed that she had been crying too, "Look I even got one too with a dragonfly on it." She smiled at the locket around her neck. We both wiped away the remaining tears and smiled at each other.

"C'mon let's get home so we can face time the rest of our lovely family," she said placing her arm around my shoulder guiding me out of the crowded mall.

The whole ride home was full of singing and teasing about how she would make me wear a big pink dress for her wedding. As soon as we arrived back I ran out of the car into the house with Lauren trailing behind me telling me to slow down before I hurt myself.

"Honeys I'm home!" I yelled giggling and plopping down onto the couch Lauren doing the same.

"Hey Y/N! How was shopping?" asked Ally walking out of the kitchen and up to us with a plate full of cookies.

"It was tiring! I feel like I just ran a marathon!" I exaggerated stuffing my face with a cookie.

"Oh shush you know you enjoyed it!" Lauren scolded me taking a cookie as well.

"Hey baby how was shopping?" asked Camila walking down the stairs and sitting on Lauren's lap.

"It was fun," she smiled pecking Mila on the lips.

"Where's Toto?" I asked wanting some cuddles.

"She's upstairs with Dinah and Mani." Ally answered walking back into the kitchen.

"Thanks Allycat!" I yelled running up the stairs towards Dinah's and Mani's room.

I opened the door and there she was looking as beautiful as ever standing in front of the bed.

She turned around, "Toto!" I yelled jumping onto her and wrapping my arms and legs around her.

"Hey Bubba! How was shopping?" I buried my face in the crook of her neck.

"It was good but I'm tired and I want Tori cuddles."

"Well let's go then," we said bye to the girls and walked out closing their door.

She walked us to our room and laid me down. She walked to the other side of the bed, took off her shoes, and laid down next to me pulling me closer to her. I cuddled up to her and sighed contently finally getting some rest.

I had fallen asleep for a good hour before Tori shook me awake telling me that Lauren was facetiming with our parents.

I thanked her and quickly got up running towards Camren's room. I heard giggling coming from their room and burst through the door. I jumped onto their bed next to Lauren causing her to yelp in surprise.

As soon as I appeared on the screen of my sister's phone I was greeted by Taylor and Chris waving excitedly at me.

"Y/N! We miss you so much!" yelled Taylor getting emotional. Chris rubbed her back comfortingly.

"I miss you guys too Tay so so much you have no idea," I said also getting a bit emotional.

"Hola princessa!" I heard dad greet appearing behind Chris.

"Hola papi!" I waved at him.

"Where's mom?" I asked.

"Right here! Hi babies how's it going up there?" mom appeared behind Tay smiling and wiping away some tears.

"It's going great and we can't wait to come home soon," Lauren replied.

We talked for a while before the girls came in to remind us that we had to get going or else it'd be too late to go snowboarding.

We exchanged our goodbyes and finally ended the call.

"That went well," Lauren spoke getting up from the bed.

"Yup," I replied also getting up and stretching out my limbs.

I headed back to Tori and I's room to see her looking around the room frantically.

"What did you lose now?" I asked laughing at Tori's worried expression.

She turned around startled by my voice, "I can't find my backpack have you seen it?"

"Isn't it under the bed?" I asked crouching down to look under the bed and finding it where Tori had placed it next to the suitcases. I handed it to her and she sighed in relief.

"Thanks babe," she pecked my forehead.

"Now let's go! The wilderness must be explored!" I yelled running downstairs grabbing my snow jacket and putting it on.

This should be interesting.

A/N – I'm actually kind of proud of this chapter so I hope you guys enjoy it!

Duuuuddes I am in love with the girl's new single! It's so good and I'm so excited for this new era. The girls all seem so much happier! I think the break was a big necessary step for them to release all the tension that seemed to be building up. Anyways remember to buy Work From Home on Itunes if you want to live!

- Mel