Scott

I opened the door and my heart stopped as I saw who it was. In the door frame stood a familiar dark haired boy. His deeply sexy scent wafted through the flat. My boyfriend had returned. My ex boyfriend that is. Alex was at my door.

He shoved past me, his deceiving doe eyes running over the apartment. "Nice place," with a smug smile on his face.
"Thanks." My voice was harsh. "What are you doing here, Alex?"

He quickly turned round, eyes cold and eyebrows raised at my tone. "I was in the neighbourhood..."
He tried to push my towards my bedroom but I struggled against him, pushing him away from me. He leaned against me whispering in my ear as I stopped myself from wincing.

"Come now, Scott. What Mitch doesn't know won't hurt him." He pulled me against him by my wrist, still stronger than me, and I turned my head away from his. He warned me but I pushed him away, assuring him that I didn't believe in his threats anymore.

"Oh really?" Alex's fingers dug into my arm where my old scars were, his other hand reaching into my pocket. "Is that why you always keep a pen knife on you?" He flicked it open with a harsh laugh as I flinched. He violently shoved me towards my bedroom and the more I struggled the more he tightened his grip. I bit my lip. I'm sorry Mitch. I sighed in submission as Alex shoved me onto my bed, still clutching the small but viciously sharp knife. A tear rolled down my cheek.

He slashed my arm yet again as he grabbed his t shirt from the floor. "That one was for resistance," he said as I continued to stare at the wall. He pushed the knife through my skin again ("That one was for being shit in bed...") and again. "That was for crying." He snarled as he slit my arm again. "And that one was for decoration." He walked out of my room laughing at his own cruel joke, leaving me curled in a ball, not dating to breathe. I heard the door slam and let my tears flow down my face, like the blood that ran like a river down my arm. I was used to the searing pain but I could think of nothing but Mitch.

"I'm so sorry..." I whispered in the dull light.