Scott

"Even if he had, which he hasn't, by the way, do you seriously think I would do anything about it? Do you really think I would do something?" Mitch snapped and stepped back from me.

"Well, what would stop you? You did it to him!" I instantly regretted ever saying anything. Oh my god. That was it. Why was I born with the power of speech? There was no longer any hurt in his eyes. Only cold blooded anger.

"What did you just say to me?"

"I didn't mean it, I was stupid. Babe, please." I begged him. "Please." He pulled on a t shirt and pants furiously fast and silent.

"Babe, please." He left the room and I followed swiftly.

"Mitch," He stopped in front of the door, turning back to me. My mouth was dry.

"Please." My voice cracked and his beautiful dark eyes filled with tears that matched my own. "I love you."

"I love you too." He said simply and left, taking his keys.

I love you too. Four words I'd always loved coming from Mitch's mouth. They meant so much in a phrase so little. But what did they mean now? Were we split up? Were we together? Is this what they called 'a break'? No amount of google searches were helping me come to any conclusion. For three days now, I'd been in our empty home alone. For three days now, he hadn't returned any calls or messages. For three days now, I'd only been existing, not living without my heart, a thing Mitch had stolen years ago, and had taken along with him when he'd left. I felt hollow and incomplete without it. Without him. What could I say to make it better? What could I say to make it right?

Scott:

Babe, please come back. I'm sorry I was so stupid. I know it was different with you and Travis. I know you know I love you and I swear I have never said anything so unbelievably idiotic and uncalled for in my life. Please text me back. I love you x 9:44pm

Scott:

Mitch, please. I love you. 9:57pm

Scott:

Babe, I know you're probably busy but please answer so I know you're okay x 10:10pm

Scott:

Mitch, you are okay, right? 10:40pm

Scott:

Babe, I'm worried, please text back. Love you x 10:53pm

Scott:

Mitch, you have to tell me if you're okay 11:01pm

Scott:

Please. 11:01pm

I looked up from my phone when I heard the click of the door lock. I held my breath, hoping, praying for my beautiful boyfriend to walk through the door. It swung open silently to reveal Alex standing there. Crap. I groaned and kicked the door frame. Fuck, where was Mitch?

"Hey, I brought someone I thought you might be looking for." He stepped aside to reveal a smaller brunette boy with dark chocolate eyes and arms folded over his chest. I let go of a breath I hadn't realized I was holding and almost ran to him, hugging him as if I was never letting him go.

"Do you forgive me?" He whispered into the soft fabric of my tank, clinging to me as if I was the last lifeboat on the Titanic.

"Do I forgive you?" I was incredulous. "Babe, do you forgive me? I never should have said that. It was stupid and I was in the heat of the moment and I swear to god, I am never ever letting you go ever again. You really scared me, Mitch." I whispered the last sentence into his soft hair.

"I'm sorry, Scotty." He replied. "I love you."