Chapter 12

*Hayden*

It had just turned 9:05AM. I slept for an hour last night, or at least I think I did. All I remember was crying, from the moment Leroy ripped himself from me and stormed out, the tears just came rolling out. I was embarrassed. How was I going to face Leroy after throwing myself at him like that? Why would I even put myself in that place again?

Worse, Alex knows. How will I face him? What if he kicks me and Matty out and we have to live in the streets or worse, in a care home? 

We have all that money that dad left us, but I don't know the first thing about living alone.

I couldn't get myself to face anyone in the morning, I didn't even have breakfast. I just ran out the house half an hour early to avoid bumping into Leroy.

Thankfully I was Leroy free for an hour, as he was not in my Calc class. That hour went pretty fast, Mr Hasting babbling on about something I had no idea about. It was too early for me to listen, I was too busy thinking about other things, other people.

When the bell went, me and Isaac walked to History where we'd see Eden. "Damn Isaac, looking fresh as hell." I say when I take a look at his outfit finally.

He was wearing a light blue denim shirt with cream chinos and a fresh pair of creps. "Who you trying to impress?" I ask.

He starts to blush. "Thanks." He mummers.

My eyes widen, did Isaac finally crush on someone that wasn't me? I grab him by the chest and grin at him. "Tell me!"

He rolls his eyes, sighing he gives in. "It's Leah. We've been talking a lot recently; I mean it's probably nothing but you know..." He says trailing off, biting down onto his lips and trying to hide his smile.

"Damn Leah?" I say smirking. "She's hot, but you're hotter, she's crazy if she doesn't like you." I give him a warm smile; he returns the smile whilst walking into History.

"Then... I guess you musta been crazy ey." He says with an awkward laugh.

My smile fades, being replaced by an annoyed glum look. Did he have to always bring that up? I mean yeah he was attractive as hell, but I was way too into Leroy to even see Isaac. "I guess I was too crazy in love with someone else." I say quietly.

Leroy was already seated, this time in his own seat. I walk past with my eyes smiling at Eden who was also seated, Leroy didn't look at me once. After taking a seat, Lucas comes walking in. I haven't spoken to him in a while, I'm not sure if our game was still going on.

After I kissed Leroy, I don't think he believes me and Lucas are dating.

"Hey babe." Lucas winks, pecking my cheeks. I guess the game was still going on.

Leroy's head flips towards us, he glares at both of us. I know what he's thinking, I kissed him whilst I had a boyfriend. I completely forgot I was supposed to have a boyfriend.

Lucas smirks at Leroy, but I ignore them both. "Right class, we're in the library again, for the three periods, so get your stuff and come on." Mr Ross says grabbing all his books.

"Wait, what?" Eden calls out.

"Yeah, we have Biology and math for third and fourth period." Troy joins in.

Mr ross rolls his eyes and sighs, "WELL! Now you don't. Do you think I want to teach yous? Be with yous for three hours? No. But you have to complete your research for your assignment. Remember you're getting graded." Mr Ross says, walking out the class.

We all walk into the Library and start taking seats in our chosen places. "What do you think you're doing?" Mr Ross asks looking at us like we just broke the law.