Chapter 36

*Leroy*

I play with the food on my plate with the folk, we had been in the breakfast buffet from more than half an hour now and I was stuffed, but Hayden wasn't. Hayden could eat a years worth of food and still not be done when it comes to buffets, but I don't say anything because I know how she likes to eat.

We were all packed up and our bags were waiting in the lobby for when we finish eating, we had a six hour and bit drive and it was 10 AM right now, if we left by eleven we would make it back home by four pm.

Yesterday after the night came to an end we didn't really talk about it, we snuggled for a while and kissed but that was it. As a joke I said me and Hayden should shower together, I mean at first I wasn't joking but when I saw Hayden's reaction I had to say I was joking, she almost looked freaked out, did she not enjoy the sex?

I was too embarrassed to ask, I mean I enjoyed it. But Hayden didn't really give off any signs telling me if she enjoyed it or not, after our showers we fell asleep without saying too much and this morning the conversation was small and brief.

"You're not going to eat anymore?" Hayden asks breaking me out of my zone.

"Uh, no." I say looking around the food. "But make sure you eat up, we have a long ride ahead of us." I say in a dull tone, I couldn't help but feel moody after thinking Hayden didn't enjoy it last night. Was I really not good enough? I sigh.

Hayden looks at me as I sigh, but I quickly shove some waffles in my mouth so she doesn't ask what's wrong. I roll my eyes at the thought it, I could get it off my mind, she didn't seem like she didn't enjoy it when it was actually happening, it was just the way she reacted.

"Hayden..." I say awkwardly, with my voice trailing off.

"Hm?" She looks up at me.

I itch the edge of my jawline, I let out a nervous laugh. "Did...did you enjoy it last night?" I say trying to maintain eye contact with her.

She opens her mouth to say something but nothing comes out. She stays in that position for a while, before closing her mouth and taking a deep breath. What the hell? "Hayden?" I say sternly.

"Leroy." She mirrors my tone. "Don't get your knickers in a twist, I enjoyed it." She says with a light smile.

"Huh, convincing." I nod to myself, trying to keep my cool and not turn red right now.

"Relax, I loved it, every bit of it." Hayden says now with her smile wide. "I just didn't know how to tell you, I felt a little awkward, but it was amazing." She twinkles her eyes, shying away she covers her face with her hand.

I smile, I look down and let out a soft laugh. "I'm glad you enjoyed, 'cause I frickin' loved it." I say biting my bottom lip.

*

*Hayden*

"Wake up, we're here."  I feel Leroy's hand shake me and I hear the engine turn on off. I pull my eyes open, still tired after that hours worth of nap, I take my seatbelt off.

"What time is it?" I yawn.

"Just past five, the traffic was crazy." Leroy says getting out the car and walking over to the boot. The sun had set and it was dark now, there was light coming out of the living room window, the boys must be home. I get out the car and stroke my hair down so it looked presentable and walk over to Leroy.

"Here." I say giving my hand for him to give me some of the bags.

Instead he takes my hand kisses the top of it before taking all the bags and closing the boot. He walks towards the house. "I could've held it too, you know?" I say rolling my eyes and following behind him.