Chapter 17

*Leroy*

My eyes sprung open at the loud infuriating song that came from beside me. It wasn't an alarm, because I didn't set one. I yank my arm over to the directions of the noise, and realise it was my phone. Fumbling around trying to find it, I finally grab the phone and pull it in front of my face.

My eyes ripped open, trying to see what was causing the racket. When the blurriness from eyes disappear, panic injects into my system, my dad was calling. Fuck.

I jump up and immediately search for the clock. More panic starts to explode inside me when I realise I'm not in my bed, but I'm still downstairs, with Hayden's head on my bare stomach, as my most of my T-shirt was ruffled up towards my neck. I wonder if Carlos was still on the couch, I raise my head up and ignore the prickling pain in my head. He was.

He was scrunched up in the corner, I slide my body up and gently remove Hayden off my body and let her rest her head on the head of the couch. I finally look at the clock in the living room,  it was just a little after 11AM. According to my dad, I'm meant to be at school. I vaguely remember what happened last night, we got high, we all passed out.

But I don't really remember what we did, or when we slept. I look into Carlos's bag, to find that it was empty, we smoked it all. Shit.

And then I remember, that wasn't all I smoked last night, but Hayden and Carlos don't know that. Still feeling completely buzzed out from everything we smoked last night up until late this morning, I run my hand through my hair with frustration. I felt let crap.

"What's that noise?" Hayden mummers, screwing her face.

I shoot my head towards Hayden, I was still panicking. That's when I realised my dad was still calling. Why on earth was he calling at this time? They were going to be back soon. It was almost noon.

I jump up from the couch, and grab my phone again. But he hangs up as soon as I grab it, so I text him

ME: "Sorry, I'm in class, I can't pick up. What's up?"

He replies immediately.

PAPA: "Just calling to see why Carlos didn't go school. They called."

They called? I start to panic even more, I wonder if they said Hayden and I didn't go school. I shake my head, of course they wouldn't. We've been suspended.

"What the hell am I doing here?" Hayden shrieks. I turn my head back at her, she was now fully awake, and standing. Her shorts had pulled up to her underwear line, revealing her whole leg and only covering her underpants. Her string top had also ruffled up, making it look shorter than it actually was, with the strings falling on to her shoulder, and her hair a mess.

Yet she looked beautiful as ever.

"We got high remember?" I say dryly. Carlos was still fast asleep.

I decide to reply back to my dad.

ME: "He said he was feeling unwell, so I said he can stay home."

I put my phone down, and start to clean up the mess we made. I didn't realise we ate this much food last night, there were crisp packets and crumbs everywhere, and soda bottles and Chinese food boxes, with pizza boxes around the ground. I wonder which one of us ordered these.

I grab all the boxes and head to the kitchen to chuck it in the bin. At least we didn't make any mess in the kitchen, I grab a black bin bag and a dustpan and head back to the living room.

Hayden was just standing there, staring at me with my phone. "What?" I ask walking past her and putting the bag and dustpan on the ground.

"Your dad texted, he said they'll be home in an hour." Hayden says with panic in her voice.