Chapter 32

*Leroy*

It had been a few days since we moved out. I found us a small little house that was on the other side of town so we couldn't bump into my dad or Emily, thankfully it was much closer to school so I didn't have to take the bus. Carlos stayed with us for two nights before my dad threatened to call the police if he didn't come back, and he was underage so he had to and I was turning eighteen in a few weeks.

Thankfully, Troy's uncle owned the house so he gave it to us for cheap and the house was only a two bedroomed small house, he rented the house to us for only two hundred dollars every month, which was more than enough for us. I had managed to get a job in Elmo's uncles garage part time, because I didn't have access to my savings until I was eighteen, unless my dad gave permission, which he wouldn't, so I was stuck with my bank card, that could only last us a few months in this house.

Hayden also wanted to work, but I told her to focus on her studies as she still needed to ace her exams and I didn't want her to be distracted at all. Carlos came and visited us often, I was glad he did, I missed not living with my brother and I don't think Matty enjoyed being without Carlos.

It was Friday evening and Hayden decided we were no longer going to be eating take outs anymore, as we wanted to save money. Carlos was over and we were all hanging out in the living room watching NBA, eating the noodles I made for dinner.

"Guy's I think it's time to make this house a little more homely?" I say, putting down my finished bowl of noodles.

"Like how?" Hayden asks.

"I grabbed some stuff from the garage and thrift store on the way home." I say getting up to walk to the kitchen, the kitchen and the living room was in the same room with a small island table separating the two rooms.

"The thrift store?" Carlos scoffs. "You wouldn't be seen dead in that place."

I roll my eyes. "I was on a budget, and I found some cool things you know." I say with a grin. I grab the big bin bag full of stuff I bought.

"What is it?" Matty asks, coming closer.

"Just some fairy lights, paint, these cool tiger rugs, lots of stuff." I say taking the items out of the bag.

"Wow, these stuff are quite cool, we could really warm this place up with these things." Hayden says with a wide smile on her face, a smile haven't seen in so long. I get a warm feeling seeing her happy after a while, and all I wanted to do was hug her, but I don't.

"Carlos you staying tonight? You can sleep in my bed, I'll sleep on the floor." As we only had two rooms, me and Matty shared a room and Hayden had her own room, but mine and Matty's room was quite big compare to hers.

"Yeah, let me just text ma." Carlos nods, I nod back at him.

I hear a buzz from my right, I look to find it was Hayden's phone, I grab it to see what it was. It was her dad. "Hayden, your dad." I say shaking the phone at her.

"Just leave it, I'll call him later." Hayden replies.

"Does he know about the fact you're no longer living with Emily?" I ask her in a low tone, as I follow her around the kitchen.

She doesn't respond for a while. "No." She gulps, pulling her lips into a tight smile.

"And whys that?" I ask, curiously.

"Because, he'd just make us move to Australia, and I don't want to leave." She shrugs, as she puts the plates into the cupboard.

I raise my eyebrows. "Oh. You done good, mami, don't tell him." I nod teasingly. But she had to tell him soon, or I would have to on behalf of her. Especially if was planning on being her future husband, I had to make her dad like me, and if I kept this from him, he'd kill me.