Chapter 28

*Hayden*

We stumble into the house, both of us feeling lightheaded and out of this world happy from receiving out gifts, and because of the fact Leroy had brought up the sex topic. I was surprised we had gone this long without him mentioning it properly, he used to seem like the guy who didn't like to wait, but now I know that I was his first time, and he was as nervous as me.

"Where have you, guys been?" Emily hisses at us, as she walks towards me and Leroy. The smile wipes from me and Leroy's face as we enter the kitchen. My heart beat rising to the top of my throat, I gulp not knowing what to say.

"Around." Leroy mumbles, as he walks past her.

"Hayden, what is that on your neck? You didn't have that before." She says as she reaches towards my neck, I immediately take a few steps back.

"Mom, what the hell?" I gasp, walking past her. Leroy stops walking and stares at us, I could see how tensed his face had turned. He was worried she'd create attention and everyone will ask to see the locket.

"What's going on here?"

All our eyes turn to the door where the voice was coming from. It was my grandma. "Nothing abuela, we were just on our way to the living room." I say in a hurry, as I walk past Leroy keeping my eyes on the floor.

I rush upstairs and into the toilet. Closing the door harshly, I fall onto the floor. I had to calm down, I know my face had gone red, the anger had overwhelmed me and I thought I was going to cry. I breathe in and out heavily, trying to calm down, I didn't want to ruin my make up or get red eyes.

I pull my phone out and I decide to text Eden, I had texted her earlier this morning saying Merry Christmas, but I haven't had a proper conversation with her. I hadn't spoken to Isaac throughout the time I was here.

It was only midday for her, she must be spending the day with her mom and maybe her brother, but her brother doesn't really come over for Christmas. I wonder if she's lonely, we usually spend Christmas together.

ME: "You busy?"

Eden doesn't take long to reply.

EDEN: "Nope, I'm bored out of my mind."

I laugh, I decide to call her, as she was not busy and I really needed to talk to her. She picks up the phone quite fast, I guess it was because she had her phone on her.

"I've missed you." Eden says quietly over the phone. I sigh.

"I've missed you too, I wish we didn't come here." I say with my voice trailing away. If we never came here, Emily would never had found out about me and Leroy. Me and Leroy would never had been arrested.

"Why would you say that? Aren't things going well with you and your grandparents?" Eden asks, her voice raising with concern.

"No, that's going great. It's just, Eden, I fucked up real bad." I growl softly, slapping my forehead with my palms.

"What did you do?" Eden replies, her voice now quiet, waiting to hear the worst thing I could have done.

"My mom walked in on me and Leroy, literally on top of each other." I say with one hand covering my mouth, so my words came out muffled.

"Did I just hear right? Hayden, what the did you just say?" She asks me, her voice tensing at each word. I don't reply. "Oh my god, Hayden. Your mom knows about the two of you?" I could hear the nervousness in her tone, she was scared for me, and so was I.

"Yeah, she's so mad you have no clue. She is really angry." I say whimpering, almost on the verge of tears.

"Well no shit Hayden, you have yourself to blame for that!" Eden exclaims, her nervousness now turned into anger.