Chapter 37

*Hayden*

"Your mom and my dad are getting a divorce."

My eyes shoot up. Adrenaline injects into my veins and suddenly I was wide awake and focussed.  "What?" I squeal. I chuck the book I was reading out of my hand carelessly, it lands on the bed. "What do you mean?"

Leroy's tense face remains still for a few seconds, before it turns into a small smirk. "Joke." He lets out a small laugh. "That would have been somethin' though wouldn't it, mamacita." Leroy falls back onto the bed.

I growl quietly. "You made me lose my place in the book." I roll my eyes grabbing the book again. It was only ten past eleven and Matty was in school, me and Leroy decided to miss today as our parents wanted us to have a conversation with us today. Despite finals being around the corner, we were still missing school like it was freshmen year.

"Did I get your hopes up?" Leroy pouts, budging closer towards me.

I roll my eyes. Admittedly, even though it was pretty selfish of me, I kind of wished they were getting a divorce, it would have made our relationship a whole lot easier. "No." I say harshly, trying to find my place in the book again.

"Hey Leroy." I call out once I found my place in the book again, Leroy moves his gaze from his phone and looks at me.

"What?" He murmurs, looking at me. " What does 'Me estoy muriendo por besarte'  mean?" I look up at him.

He furrows his brows for a second. "What are you even reading?" He tries grabbing the book, but I pull it away from him. "It means 'I'm dying to kiss you'."

I smile from eye to eye when I realise the main character in this book was still in love with the girl, feeling warm and bubbly I clutch my stomach with the book. "They are so cute." I say through my smile.

Leroy looks at me and scoffs. "It's called Did I mention I need you, it's a series about step-siblings falling in love with each other." I say as I focus on the book.

Leroy looks back at me. "What? That's freakin' crazy." Leroy creases his forehead.

I look around awkwardly. "Not that crazy." I say awkwardly, referring to our own little relationship.

Leroy shakes his head. "I didn't mean it like that, but anyways do they end up getting together or not? How does it work out?" Leroy asks in a hurry, curiosity takes over his eyes and he sits up and faces me.

I shrug, continuing to read the book I stop focussing on Leroy. "I haven't got to that part yet."

I feel Leroy's eyes on me for a long second. "Then skip to it?" He says dumbly.

I roll my eyes, huffing I reply. "No, if you want to skip, take it, I'm not skipping." I say annoyed, handing him the book.

Leroy flicks the pages and finds himself on the last page. "The hell's Gucci? Why is she talking to it for?" Leroy says frowning.

I look at him with a confused expression. "It's her dog." I state.

He flicks back a few pages and stays silent for a few second. "Ah that's why she's talking to Gucci." He says to himself quietly. "What a jerk, he's leaving?" He says to himself. "Why is he leaving?" Leroy mutters flicking back more pages.

What the hell? "Leroy shut up, I don't want to be asking you what happens, you're making me curious!"

"Oh crap." he continues reading. "Damn, our parents weren't half as crazy as hers, and we were way more scared to tell our parents than they were." He chuckles to himself.