Chapter Three: "Isn't orange juice for kids?"

Tenten's POV:

I snapped out of my daze and quickly grabbed my stuff, walking out of Mr. Orochimaru's classroom. I took a deep breath as I walked to woodshop, trying to calm the storm raging in the pit of my stomach.

My eyes caught onto a bit of Neji's shirt. I glared daggers at his back, that jerk.

I continued walking until I noticed him walk into the woodshop classroom. You have got to be kidding me.

---

Thud!

Thud! Thud! Thud!

A low growl irrupted from my throat.

"Uh, Tenten?"

I turned to see Sakura looking at me with concerned eyes as she paused mid throw.

Sakura and I were at the target field for the archery team at school. We would switch off throwing knives or shooting arrows.

I sighed. "Yeah. Just letting out all the frustration of this week."

She nodded and proceeded to throw the knife and hit the bull's eye.

I returned my attention to my target.

The bull's eye was completely covered with throwing knives. Forming circles within circles. The last spot was the very middle.

I got into my throwing position. I inhaled. Exhaled. Inhaled. Exhaled. I took in another big gulp of air before flicking my wrist, letting the knife fly.

A satisfied look took over my facial features as I watched the knife lodge itself in the middle with beautiful accuracy. I sighed with content and waited for Sakura to finish her set of knives before we both walked out to our targets and started collecting our knives.

I counted down the last knives as I placed them in the pouch on my leg.

"...13, 14, and 15." I mumbled.

I looked back at Sakura and saw her yank her last knife out of the target. She then walked over to me and we walked back to behind the shooting line to where our stuff was.

"Nice throw." She complimented as she threw her knife pouch in her archery bag.

"Thanks." I replied, carefully setting my knife pouch next to bow in my archery bag. "You weren't too bad yourself." I said as I zipped up my bag and swung it over my shoulder. I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and checked the time.

"Hey, I gotta run. Tou-san will be upset if I'm late." I told Sakura walking away from the archery range back into the school.

"Yeah no problem. See ya on monday." She replied waving to me.

I jogged through the school, stopping at my locker to put my archery bag away and get my book bag. Then continued jogging to the front, and to the parking lot. I stopped in front of my motorcycle.

I ran my hand gently over her body. Before carefully lifting my leg over her and climbing on. I pulled on my helmet and clipped it on. I then pulled on my fingerless gloves and turned her on, bringing her to life. A small grin spread over my face, unseen because of my helmet. I kicked the kickstand out of the way and pulled out of the school parking lot. 

The ride seemed too short, before long I had arrived at home.

I pulled into the driveway next to Tou-san's truck and shut off her motor. I pulled out the keys as I jumped off and set her up on her kickstand. I then walked to the front door as I started taking my helmet off. I pulled it off and took a deep breath before walking through the front door.

"I'm home!" I yelled.

I walked into the living to room to find Tou-san sleeping on the couch with a newspaper covering his face. I held back my laugh.

It was just Tou-san and I ever since Kaa-san passed on when I was seven. It was tough but we got through it. We leaned on each other and supported each other. Besides, that was eleven years ago.

All our wounds were healed. Leaving nice scars instead. It didn't hurt as much as it used to when Mom was brought up in a conversation. It still did, though I tried not to let it show. Just smiled politely and acted happy.

Worked every time.

I snapped out of my thoughts hearing Tou-san's signature loud snore. I rolled my eyes and walked up to him. I then proceeded to yank the newspaper off his face.

I took in his messy brown hair and figured he had been here a while.

"Tou-san!"

I watched in amusement as Tou-san shot straight up and started looking around with a panicked face. When he found me covering my mouth and my body shaking with laughter he relaxed and glared at me.

"Two words, kid. Not. Cool." He told me counting them off his fingers.

I simply shrugged. "Sorry. I already tried the nice approach."

He rolled his eyes as he stretched before replying. "Sure you did."

I smirked before remembering Hinata. "Hey Tou-san?"

He walked into the kitchen yelling a 'what' back at me. I walked into the kitchen and found him pouring himself some orange juice.

"Hinata asked me to make an appearance at her house today." I informed him, watching him take a gulp of juice. "May I go?"

He set down his glass. "Is there going to be boys?" He asked in a bored tone.

"Oh yes. Of course there's going to be boys." I deadpanned lacing as much sarcasm as possible into my words.

"Yeah, yeah. You can go." He said pouring more juice into his coffee mug. "You're spending the night?"

I nodded. "Yup."

"Alright." He responded putting the juice back in the fridge. "Have fun."

I smiled and turned to run to my room. As I ran up the stairs I yelled back to him. "And isn't orange juice for kids?"

"I am a kid!" He yelled back.

I giggled to myself as I shut my bedroom door. I tossed my backpack next to my desk and looked around my room.

A few knife pouches were scattered along the floor and a sword sheath was laying on the floor in front of my desk. The sword it belonged to laid on my desk, waiting for me to tinker with it. My dresser, neatly decorated with my favorite knives. Going right to left from smallest to largest. My bed was neatly made with my favorite sword hanging above it on the wall. It was a katana with beautiful engravings done by yours truly.

A large axe sat beside my nightstand which had a small hatchet laying on it with a leather case. I would point out every single weapon and scroll in my room, but it would take to much time.

I quickly changed into different clothes then grabbed a spare backpack I had and walked over to my dresser. I packed clothes and vesicates before heading to my bathroom and grabbing my toiletries. I pulled a sweat shirt over my head and swung the bag over my shoulder.

I pat my pocket checking for my keys, wallet, and phone. Once I made sure they were all there I walked out of my room, downstairs, said bye to Tou-san, and proceeded to walk out the front door.

I took in the fresh air outside before pulling on my helmet, climbing onto my bike, and riding over to the Hyūga mansion.

-----------------------------

Hey guys!

So sorry for the boring chapter, but it will eventually and gradually get more and more interesting.

Just wait!

Thanks for reading.