Chapter Twelve: Mitashi and Hyūga

Word Count: 21,622

Narrator's POV:

Hello. I am the unnamed narrator. I would just like to warn you advance in regards to this chapter. There will be the possibility for feels so be prepared. Grab some tissues and some ice cream. Maybe a teddy bear cause it might get rough. Also, prepare for more moments like this. Where I, the narrator, break the fourth wall. Now. Let us get back to the story.

Tenten Kunai (or Matashi; however she prefers Kunai). A senior at Konoha high. Her personality was a unique one. Charming and kind. Yet courageous and daring at the same time. She stood up for herself and those close to her. Making sure that they never get hurt. Physically and emotionally. For she doesn't want anybody else to feel that way. Shall I explain?

Tenten's mother died when she was seven years-old. Leaving her with her loving father. The relationship between her parents was a love so strong that no matter what, it could never be broken. And the bond that they shared with their daughter; it was something truely beautiful. She was brought up in a joyous family. Taught well, about how to treat those who were around her.

But when her mother was diagnosed with lung cancer. Her world fell apart. The happy feeling in her home seemed to dissappear. There was no longer a bounce in her step. Her eyes stopped shining. And her smile wasn't as bright. Even at such a young age, she understood why the happiness was gone.

"Tou-chan?"

Said man quickly turned around to face his daughter. Blinking back tears, he kneeled down to her height. "What's up, kid?"

The Seven year old looked to down at her feet. "When's kaa-san coming back?"

Guilt spread through her father's veins. Tears gathered in the corners of his eyes, "She not coming back home, sweetheart. We have to go visit her from now on." Tenten looked up at him with brown eyes that were full of confusion. "B-but why? Why isn't she coming back? This is our home!"

He quickly embraced her. A few tears slipped out of his eyes. "Because. That's just how it's going to work from now on."

It was like that. Constant visits to the hospital. Seeing her mother was the only thing on Tenten's mind. But when death took her mother, there was nothing but sorrow in the air for months. The house she lived in seemed less alive. The World seemed less vibrant.

Eventually over time, their hearts healed; and they learned how to live without the presence of the kind woman. The pair moved on in a years time. Their wounds healed, they continued on. There was ups and downs of course. But the world had color once again.

Then when Tenten was 15; roughly three years from the present date. She met someone: a male peer. He was handsome, kind, generous, and most important he shared the same interest in weapons. The moment they met, they immediately hit it off. Friends in an instant is how her father and her friends would describe it.

They would always be together. Always talking. Always hanging out. Texting during class in secret. Staying up until four in the morning calling each other. They were the best of friends. Eventually... their relationship evolved into something more.

They started dating a month or two before Tenten's sixteenth birthday. Then, when that speacial date rolled around. Tenten found out he had been cheating on her. He had given her his phone for a second to text back his friend. And as she was about to set his phone down, he received a message from a private number.

Ping!

She blinked and looked down at the screen.

'One new message', she read. Assuming it was the response from their friend. She opened it.