Chapter Fourteen: "Troublesome woman."

Word Count: 24,059

Narrator's POV:

Hello again. I am the unnamed narrator. Today I will be telling the stories of two people. One of them, being Nara Shikamaru.

Now, his starts with his mother and his father. His father was... very similar to our young genius. In fact, Shikamaru got his lazy nature from his father, Shikaku. While his mother, Yoshino was very.... different. She would always be nagging the two.

However, despite their lazy natures. When they needed to, both could be there for those who mattered to them. They were dependable, and trustworthy when others needed them to be. Shikamaru was born as an heir. The heir of what, you ask? Why, the Ino-Shika-Cho Company of course. Weird name right?

(A/N It is not weird! It's just.... creative!)

(Narrator: You mean you were rushing while writing this chapter and forced yourself to come up with something?)

(A/N *blushes* N-no! Shut up!)

Anyway, the origin of the name of the company in quite unique. You see, Shikaku's two best friends, Yamanaka Inoichi, and Akimichi Choza, decided that when they graduated college. All three of them would start a business together. All three of them of course controlled their own respective branches. However, Shikaku was the main CEO.

Now, at a very young age Shikamaru had been deemed a genius. With an IQ of over 200 by the time he was thirteen. Classes always seemed to bore the Nara, he often slept through them. However, how he managed to ace every test and worksheet set in front of him was an ever growing mystery.

This was very good however, for his two best friends Akimichi Chōji and Yamanaka Ino. The names sound familiar, no? That's because they are the children of Shikamaru's own best friends. All three were heirs to their father's company. Because of this, they were introduced to each other at a very young age. Since then they became close, and although Shikamaru would never say it out loud. He was glad to have them. Even if they did cheat off his worksheets and tests.

Now, up until recently, Shikamaru's life hasn't been too exciting. He never took interest in any girl. So he had never had a girl friend before, despite Ino's many tries to set him up with somebody. However, it was only a couples months into his senior year that things go interesting.

There was a transfer student from Suna. She moved to Konoha with her two brothers, Subaku No Gaara, Subaku No Kankuro, and then her. Subaku No Temari.

Some of you reading this might be thinking, "Oh! It's going to be love at first sight!"

Sorry. But it was nothing even remotely close to that.

Shikamaru woke up to the unpleasant feeling of somebody poking him. He lifted up his head to find the source to be Kiba, who was sitting behind him. An old friend of his whom he currently disliked for waking him.

"What," Shikamaru said dryly. Kiba merely pointed to the front of the class room.

Shikamaru followed his gaze. His eyes widened at the sight of a sandy blonde he had never seen before. She had bright teal eyes and a facial expression that said, 'I could be doing something better with my time'. Shikamaru couldn't agree more.

Kurenai Sensei gestured to the girl, "This is Subaku No Temari. She is a transfer student from Suna."

The blonde nodded to the class, "Nice to meet you all. I hope we get along fine." Her voice was.... Sassy..? Shikamaru wasn't sure on how to describe it. But for some reason, he found himself liking the sound of it.