Chapter Six: "Say your goodbyes."

Neji's POV:

----------------------
Neji's dream
----------------------

I fell to the ground and pain flared through my body once more.

"Get up, Hyūga." A gruff voice ordered.

I grunted and stood up the best I could with my hands tied behind my back.

An enemy who had been walking behind me pushed me, silently telling me to start walking. I obeyed and started shuffling in the direction they pointed me in.

Where is she? Where is Tenten?

As we walked I thought about her. Her chocolate brown eyes. Her beautiful hair. Her strange love for weapons and fighting.

My thoughts were interrupted by the group coming to a stop.

Looking around, my pales eyes widened to see we were at some sort of clearing in the woods. Noticing the cruel looks on the enemies faces, I scowled.

Just what were they planning to do?

"Hyūga."

I turned my head to look at the one who had addressed me. He gestured to a large tree placed along the clearing.

"Climb it. Until we tell you to stop." He ordered.

"You can not order me around, you peasant." I sneered at him.

I let out a painful groan as one of the men holding my hands behind my back kneed my spine. Looking back up to the one who had commanded me, I glared at him. This only caused him to give me a smug look and gesture to the tree again.

I bit my bottom lip to prevent any other side remark from coming out. Instead I closed my eyes, took a deep breath. And opened them again.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked. "I know you are going to kill me. So why not just get it over with?"

I heard snickering around me, only furthering my confusion.

"I'm surprised the great Hyūga prince hasn't figured that out already." The one who I guessed was the leader, retorted.

"We want your personal guard." He told me.

A shiver ran down my spine. They want Tenten. Why did they want Tenten? What were they going to do to her if they get her?

"My personal guard?" I asked, ignoring the beads of sweat forming on my forehead. "Why would you want her?"

They couldn't know she was-

"Don't act stupid, Hyuga." The leader growled at me. "You know exactly why we want her. I mean, why wouldn't we want one of the best assassin's in the land?"

I didn't answer. He knew. They knew. Tenten. They knew she was the-

"That's right, prince. We know she's The Weapon Mistress. The legendary assassin of the Hyūga kingdom." He said, a disgusting smirk forming on his ugly face.

"We also know," He continued, "that you happen to have feelings for her."

What? That's impossible. The only person he told was his cousin, Hinata. And she wouldn't tell a soul. Unless... unless his life was threatened. But that's impossible. Could it be that- they got his kingdom too?