Chapter Seven: "Don't leave."

Tenten's POV:

Neji kept staring at me.

All throughout breakfast whenever I looked at him, I would catch him staring at me. He would immediately look down at his breakfast and ignore the questioning looks I was giving him.

I decided to ignore him and simply look down at the meal that was served to me at the Hyūga mansion.

This mornings conversation was run mostly by Hanabi, rambling on and on about how great of a big sister Hinata was, and something about her best friend. Some kid named Konohamaru.

I pushed my eggs around my plate. I didn't have the stomach to eat. Not after the dream I had last night about Neji.

He had asked me to marry him in the dream. I had said yes. But he died. He died right in front of me. I had woken up with tears rolling down my cheeks and bloodshot eyes.

I never wanted to experience that again. Ever.

But no matter how many times I thought about the dream. One thought always came back to me.

Why did I have that dream in the first place?

I knew dreams were created by your subconscious. Either to torture you, or send you a message about the future. But I couldn't figure out which one was which this time.

In the dream, I was a warrior. And a good one at that. He was a price. And he was more handsome than I had ever seen him.

Wait... what.

'Shut up Tenten!' I scolded myself. 'Don't say stupid things like that! '

Now that I think about it. That was the most horrible dream I had ever had.

He had asked me to marry him. I had said yes. Gave him my brightest smile. Then... Poof. Gone. That dream was crushed because he died.

A shiver ran down my spine as I recalled the dream. It was so vivid.

He had died. Right there in my arms. I could actually feel his body go cold in my hands. I could see in perfect detail as the color drained from his face.

I would have to talk to Neji. Now. Not Monday at school. Now. Before I leave the Hyūga mansion.

His death played over and over again in my mind. Keeping me alert throughout the rest of breakfast.

------------------------------------------------------------
(Time skip sponsored by my swag. Because I have enough to spare. xD)
------------------------------------------------------------

"The park?"

I blinked, utterly confused.

Hinata gave me an excited grin as she packed food into a beach bag. Along with sunscreen and an extra sweater. She needed it. The girl was pale and her skin always felt like snow.

"Yes." She said picking up the bag, and swinging it over her shoulder. "Everybody's going."

So that meant even Neji was going.

Meaning, I could talk to him at the park instead. That might be better than at the house! If something goes wrong, I could simply run away, jump on my bike, go home. And have a deep conversation with my two favorite men in the world. Ben and Jerry.

I rolled out of Hinata's bed and set my get on the floor. "Alright, better get ready then."

Standing up, I shuffled over to the door. Walking out of her room I made my way to the guest bedroom. I had almost made it too when a door in the hallway opened and somebody quickly walked out.