Chapter Ten: "I hope your telling the truth."

(AN Read authors note at the end please!!)

3rd Persons POV:

Damn it!

Neji shoved his hands in his pockets and huffed as he continued to walk.

"Uh, Neji?"

He turned to his friend, Lee. Don't ask him why their friends though. He wouldn't have the slightest clue on how to answer. While Neji was cold, mostly emotionless, and easily angered. Lee was almost the complete opposite. Lee was fired up easily and would never turn down a challenge. He showed his emotions a little too much in Neji's opinion. But they were friends either way.

Neji and Lee had been stalking around the mall for about an hour now. Not really doing anything. Well, except for looking for a curtain brunette.

He had over heard, (was actually ease dropping), on a conversation between Tenten and Kankuro about their... date. Neji despised the idea of Tenten going out with that guy.

He was a transfer, so he didn't know much about the guy. Except for rumors that Kankuro had a rather large puppet collection. He also didn't like the way he looked at Tenten. With that mischievous look in his eye. But what Neji disliked most about the idea of Tenten going on a date. Was that it wasn't with him.

So, Neji had dragged Lee out to the mall where he heard their date was going to be.

"Neji. Are we here because of Tenten?" Lee asked, oblivious of the gloomy aura surrounding his friend. Neji was unsure how to answer. Not wanting Lee to know that was the exact reason they were here. So he simply shrugged his shoulders.

It seemed to only be moments when the pale eyed brunette spotted the young couple walking up to the movie theater. Neji quickly pulled Lee into the entrance of some random store in order not to be spotted.

"Neji, wha- mph!" Neji quickly clamped his hand over his friends mouth. They stood still and quiet as Tenten and Kankuro walked by. Neji's jaw clenched when he heard Tenten laughing at something Kankuro had said.

Once they were gone, Neji removed his hand from the obnoxious boys mouth. Lee gave Neji an, out of character, knowing look. The energetic teen gave an encouraging grin to the young Hyūga. "Yosh! I believe in you Neji! You and Tenten will be a great couple!" Lee punched the air. A blush scattered on his cheeks, "We can go double dates. You and Tenten, and Sakura-chan and I!"

Neji rolled his eyes at his friend. "How many times has Sakura rejected you so far, just this year?" Lee's posture dropped. "Thirty six," He answered with a defeated look. The young Hyuga shook his head in sympathy, "I hate to say this, Lee. But it's been since what, freshman year? She's not going to go out with you. She has her eyes set on Sasuke." He set a hand on Lee's shoulder. "You'll find somebody Lee. Don't worry about it."

Lee bounced back up, his attitude taking another 360 change. "Yosh! Your right Neji! And as your rival, I must find that girl soon! Before you and Tenten finally realize your feelings for each other."

Neji blinked. "Na-nani?"

"But as your best friend, I must help you." Lee's eyes set ablaze with determination. "Yosh! Let's go!"

With that, Lee marched out of the store, leaving a flustered Hyūga in his wake.

--------

(AN Spoilers up ahead for those who haven't seen Captain America: Civil War)

"No, no, no. She's Aunt Peggy's niece. Captain's old girlfriend." Tenten whispered to the brunette sitting beside her. Kankuro shook his head, "So he just kissed her niece? Not cool." The weapon fanatic rolled her eyes and started to stand.