Labor

"Congratulations!" The nurse allowed me to get up and shower as I changed back. They talked me through. "You had great labor and you should be able to leave as soon as we get the baby monitored and cleaned." I grinned.
"Can you let my team in?" She nodded and a minute later, the room flooded with the girls.
"Hey! Where's our nephew!" I laughed at them.
"He is getting monitored, I haven't even got to hold him yet." I pouted and the rubbed my back as they sat in the floor. I looked at the birth certificate on the table and signed my name on the mothers signature. I smiled when I looked at the name.
Bradly James Doniqe
I couldn't exactly sign his name on the slot so I wrote his name under it. Maybe? I sighed and sat it back down.
"Miss Rockwood?" A nurse came in, holding a blue blanket. I bit my lip.
"Is that him?" She giggled and nodded as everyone watched my take him. I smiled a little at him. He was wide awake and moving everywhere. "Hey Bradly. Hey." He giggled and I felt a tear go down my cheek. I kissed his forehead and handed him to Cierra. They passed him around as I wiped my face. He's perfect.

"Emily? Is it true you have a child?" I sighed at the reporter. I was at another conference.
"It's my life, my choices, my mistakes, my lessons. It's none of your business. I don't have to answer that for the fourteenth time." I said irritated.
"Will you be playing the rest of the games?"
"Yes. I had business to take care of and feel very bad missing the games. I personally love the practice games, you get to know the other teams better, but we are still planning on defending our championship." For another hour this went on. When it was over I went to the locker room and got dressed. My whole team was ready for the first game. I sighed lightly. I have been practicing everyday and luckily, got rid of my baby fat and some. I'm in better condition than I have been in a long time.
I waved hello to the small crowd that filled the stadium. There was enough for everything to seem packed compared to how it usually was.
"Did you see the magazine?" Trish jumped.
"What?" I grinned at Mike's wife Sarah who had Bradly.
"Everyone loves you. They don't care you have a baby. Everyone thinks you adopted him!" I sighed and laughed a little. I ran out and the game began. I was a little rusty, but was soon in the zone.
As soon as it started, we won the game, 2-1. I grinned but turned and saw the stadium almost empty. Though, my gaze froze. I fell to the ground and covered my mouth. I stared at him, still in uniform. His sack on the seat behind him as he leaned against the pole.
"Emily?" I was terrified. Cierra looked at me and the whole team followed my gaze to James in the bleachers.
"That can't be good." Rian whispered. James threw his bag over the pole and slid under the bottom before jumping down. Mike stared at him. Jessy helped me to my feet, but I just stared.
"I missed you." He said, holding a rose out for me.