The Death

I felt the tears run down my face and I pushed back the rose and wrapped my arms around him. He took my waist tightly and kissed the side of my head as I cried harder into his chest.
"I thought you were killed you know?" I whispered.
"I was sent on a mission. I was injured, they sent me back with a purple heart. In a coma for a long time." I pulled back and looked at the ground.
"I. I." The girls ran to Sarah. I saw them take Bradly. "I'm speechless." He smiled and grabbed my waist. He kissed me softly. I pulled back and looked at the ground.
"Emily?"
"James I need you to meet someone. This is going to be really hard to tell you." I waved over the girls and took Bradly from Grace. I walked up to James and he stared at him.
"Wait." I bit my lip hard. I continued and looked up at James.
"Put your arms out." After a second, he did as I told. I set Brad in his arms and James smiled. "This is Bradly James Doniqe." Each word got quieter. He looked up at me.
"You named him after me?" I messed with my foot.
"I needed his father to live." A grin crossed his face.
"He's really mine?" I nodded and saw his eyes water. He hugged me and kissed the side of my head again. Bradly was up and his eyes were wide. "Oh my gosh." His whisper was so quiet, I could barely hear. He had tears going down my face. "Bradly?"
"I'm sorry I didn't tell you! Like I said, I thought you were dead, or that you....." James cut me off. His lips were on mine. I kissed him back before he could pull away. He smiled.
"He's perfect. Don't be sorry." Tears were streaming down his face and my whole team hugged us.
"Group hug!" Trish started and I laughed.
"Guys, meet James. James, the girls."
"Hi James!" They all yelled and James laughed before staring at Bradly.
"There's only one thing left to do." I whispered.
"Two actually." I gave him my confused glance and felt him slip my ring on and off. I looked down and grinned.
"Really?" A brand new ring was on my finger.
"Please?"
"Yeah!" He hugged my again. I laughed lightly.

"Done." He finished signing his signature on the birth certificate before pulling me closer.
"Uh-hu. I have a baby in my hands." James smirked and kissed my cheek before taking Bradly back. My grin was to he moon and back. I always thought you had to make every move right to win the game. You had to try the best to be the best. In this way, sports are different from life. Because in life, you have to play the game, and sometimes you have to trip before you make the goal. No matter which goal you scored in though, you still have players, and you still have the coach. ;)