Chapter Fifteen

I was watching Levi. He moved gracefully. There was a confidence in his movements, as if he knew exactly what his movements did and where my eyes would land. I couldn't describe him as anything other than comfortable in his own skin, no matter what he was doing.

At the moment, he was making me breakfast. There was romance to be found in providing your prospective love with nourishment. Or so, that was what Levi believed. I wasn't the type of person to refuse food. The longer I existed, the more I found I quite enjoyed food. Besides, I did take pleasure in watching Levi work.

"I'm guessing you'd like to know more about me," Levi suggested over the sound of sizzling bacon. I raised my brows.

"You'd tell me?" I wondered curiously. None of the others had offered any information on themselves so far other than warnings towards their violent nature.

"Well, it's necessary. After attraction, you need a deeper connection. You can't connect with complete mystery beyond physical intimacy," Levi declared offhandedly. I tilted my head with uncertainty.

"Attraction," I decided to answer shortly. It was both a statement and a question.

"Yes. I find you absolutely gorgeous," Levi said, his words missing any emotion that probably should have come with the compliment. Still, I couldn't help the hum of pleasure throughout my body at his confession. He glanced away from his work to me, taking in my reaction for a moment before a smirk slid onto his own features. "And you're attracted to me. I can... sense it." He winked, causing a blush to burn over my skin.

I wanted to say something smart, perhaps to bring down his ego a bit as I would have with Oliver, but around Levi I found myself feeling shy. Any words that danced on my tongue was absent of any foundation to settle on. I was attracted to him. I was intoxicated by him and I would have enjoyed doing anything that involved being close to him.

"Of course, as I said, attraction isn't enough. After all, you're attracted to the others as well," Levi smiled slyly, turning as he lifted the first batch of prepared food. My plate was being covered with fluffy pancakes, which were covered in strawberries, butter, and syrup. The bacon and sausage on the side were enough to make my eyes widen and mouth water. But his words made me hesitate.

"All of them?" I asked, as if he knew me better than I could. I thought about what I felt towards the others. I remembered Theo's hands on my body. I recalled Oliver's lips along my jaw. My skin tingled remembering Miles' breathing in my scent most alluringly. Even Jax who had been the first to run his lips over my flesh and Sebastian whose strong arms had held my trembling form against him brought a low heat through me. My heart began racing at the thought of my own attraction towards each of them, unable to distinguish one above the other.

"Go ahead and taste," Levi suggested, his words much more seductive than necessary for what he was suggesting. I felt on fire, but I squared a bite of the pancakes and brought it to my mouth carefully. It tasted delicious and I didn't hesitate to reveal so. Levi was pleased.

"My family was new to the Genesis coven," Levi told me, leaning on the counter in front of me. I paused my feast to peer into his onyx eyes with undivided attention. "It happens often. A first generation of witches forming from diluted bloodlines. You breed with non-magical humans enough and the magic becomes dormant and breaks from the coven overtime.

"My mother's family broke off from a second-rate coven, one of the zodiacs; Aries or Aquarius. I'm not too certain. She had heard of the legends passed down, but she was the first in several generations of non-magical humans to be born a witch." Levi paused, glancing behind me.